I'm the Bruise

Blurb:

Auzelle Lara is your typical teenager. She's unpopular, but does not go unnoticed. She loves the color purple and wears it in her everyday attire. This earns her the nick name "The Bruise," from her rival.Then there's Aiden Munoz. The new guy in school who gains attention and he hates it. But when Sara Luna, the popular girl in school, pays no attetion to him, it bothers him very much.When Auzelle and Aiden first meet, it's not at all sparks or fire. No, it's more of silence and disregarding. It's not until summer that Aiden finally sees who Auzelle is and wants to know her better. But will his relationship with Sarah last when he sees that Auzelle "The Bruise" is someone he could picture himself with?**Cliche I know. Just give it a chance.**

My two-cent:

I found this after I read this author's Promises to Cain (if you haven't read it, please do so. It's wonderful). The blurb intrigued me. On top of that, I loved the character's name Auzelle (weird I know), so I decided to give it a chance. A girl's love (obsession) for a certain color to the point that it earns her a nickname, sounds interesting isn't it? It's an easy read, very cute story line. I liked the story development and author's writing style. I found a bit of errors (grammars and spellings) which affected the flow of reading. It was as the author warned, very very cliché. I just couldn't help cringe and feel embarrassed for characters at some points. 

Status: Completed