Chapter 15

Chapter 15

When I woke up, my hand automatically went to my shoulder, making sure there was no bullet hole.  And when there wasn’t, I breathed a sigh of relief.  Then I noticed I was covered in sweat and it felt like the room was a hundred degrees.  I stood up and took off my heavy pants, leaving me only in my underwear and tank top.  I then went to open the window on the other side of the room, letting the cool night air come in.

Wait…was it already dark?  It felt like I was sleeping for only a couple of minutes, not a couple of hours. 

I looked over at the other bed and realized neither Xander or Kade were in it asleep.  Maybe neither of them wanted to sleep in here.

I went to the door and opened it up, not caring if anyone saw me in so little clothes.  I went to the other bedroom door and cracked it open, looking inside.  Xander was lying on the bed asleep.  Why was he in here?

I closed the door and started down the hallway, not caring about where Kade was.  That was until I heard a giggle from inside Loryn’s room.  The door was open slightly, so I tiptoed over to it, and then leaned against the wall slightly so I could see inside. 

Loryn was lying on the bed in just a t-shirt and shorts and she was looking at something that I couldn’t see.  Only, when that something came into view, it was Kade, and he didn’t have his shirt on.

He was telling her about something, but I didn’t know what.  The only thing running through my head was that he was in Loryn’s room with her while everyone else was asleep.  Well, except me, but they didn’t know that.

Kade walked over to the side of the bed then, and sat down next to her.  She smiled up at him and he smiled back.  She whispered something then, and leaned over him to grab something from off of the floor.  She started to slip, but then Kade wrapped an arm around her waist, stopping her from falling face first onto the floor.  She giggled again when she looked at him, and he smiled.

“Ugh,” I said.  “Seriously, Kade?”

They both looked up at me in the doorway then, but Loryn spoke first.

“Oh, no,” she said.

“Yeah, you’ve got that right,” I said, and turned to go back to my room.

“Rayney,” Kade said, coming out of the room.

“You’re disgusting, Kade,” I said.  “So you just decide to let Xander and I have the other two rooms all to ourselves so you could sleep with her?”

“It’s not like that,” Kade said.  “We were just talking.”

“Talking,” I said, laughing.  “Like I don’t know what I was seeing.  You talk to me like I’m six and don’t know anything.”

“Rayney…”

“You’re not the only one who can be mad right now,” I said.  “But it doesn’t seem like you care anymore, since you’ve moved on pretty fast.”

“Come on…”

I walked into my room and turned toward him, my hand on the door.  “Stay the hell away from me.”  And I slammed the door in his face.

He tried to get in, but I leaned against the door.  I stood there for about ten minutes until he wasn’t trying to get in anymore.  I walked back to the bed, lying down in it because I was suddenly exhausted, but not physically.  Emotionally.

Seriously, if Kade said he loved me as much as he did, would he be so quick in finding someone else?  Did he not think that it would hurt me if he was with someone else?