A story,a letter,a daughter

Narumi's plans were clear yet so faded it barely even made sense to Sasuke. The Fireflies haven't even gotten that big as a group,and already they've got plans that are beyond their power..

Well,unless Narumi knows what she's capable of,which she clearly doesn't. She must have a feeling about it,because she doesn't know how to use her powers.

"I can feel my chakra." she said to all of them. "I feel it like a needle poking me every second. I just have to figure out how to use-"

"There's something we have to tell you." Sasuke suddenly interrupted. They've been here for almost three weeks,and nothing seemed to get her back.

He and his friends decided that they'd tell her everything today..

"It can wait." she said and looked at the members of the Fireflies just as Sasuke shook his head abruptly.

"No." he said. "We're gonna talk now,so you leave everything you were about to say after we've said ours." She narrowed her eyes at him.

She had no choice,she noticed that. Narumi had seen some of their abilities; how good Sakura is at healing and so on,that Shikamaru can use shadow jutsu,and how powerful Izuka is... Sasuke knew she'd seen their abilities.

"Go on." Sasuke nodded,looking at Naruto whom looked over at Shikamaru. Shikamaru had offered himself to speak,and no one had any objections to make.

Shikamaru walked forward and somewhat made a smirk.

"First off...," he said,going closer to Narumi to where she was standing beside a table and a map. "We're not members of your little group,we're shinobi from the Land of Fire,the Leaf." Narumi picked up her kunai and was about to attack Shikamaru,and Sasuke was quick to react,but Shikamaru was no fool.

"Before you decide to slice me like everyone else... Know that we used to be your only friends,and right now I hold some very valuable information." She lowered her kunai,looking shocked as she did.

Shikamaru nodded in pride. "First off,your brother.. He's your twin brother,and the two of you shared a very strong connection.. You and him against the world. Sakura was your best friend.. She helped you save the world at war. Sai was your new team mate,a part of Team 7,an incredible friend. Izuka is your cousin,you found him while fighting the famous Madara Uchiha."

"Madara?!" One of the Fireflies said as he looked at Narumi with fear. "She fought-"

"She was a shinobi herself once." Shikamaru said. "And a darn good one."

Narumi seemed to only look at Shikamaru,trying her best to remember.

"I was simply your friend.. Whenever you needed to talk,or figure out something,you usually did turn to shogi and me. And then there's Sasuke..." Shikamaru pointed at Sasuke.

Sasuke knew he was the finishing line because he was a big part of her life,the most shocking part probably.

"He wasn't just a part of Team 7,he wasn't just your friend..." Shikamaru said. "He was in fact almost your husband. The two of you would do anything for each other... But you would also use each other as human shields to protect your little baby daughter."

Sasuke saw the shock in Narumi's eyes,how she shivered and almost jumped when he said 'daughter'. She probably didn't expect him to say that she has a daughter.

"I..I can't-"

"You have a daughter." Shikamaru said. "You carried around that baby for nine months,and before you were in labor,someone tried to kill you and that baby! They managed to kill you at first,you didn't have a heart beat.. But somehow,you came back to life,you wanted to live.. Then you lost your memories-"

"How do I know any of this is true?!"

"We have all the proof you need,Narumi. Everyone knows you,even your little team mates seem to know you considering their looks." And it was true.

The Fireflies were looking at Narumi as if she was an assassin,as if she was going to kill all of them in just one slice. They knew who she was,and there was no doubt about it.

"The scar on your hip," Sasuke pointed out. "That's where they stabbed you,and Mikoto..Our daughter."

"I don't-"

"You do,Narumi." Sasuke said sharply. "And that baby looks just like you!" Sasuke was about to say more,but he couldn't find any words.. He just...couldn't.

Naruto suddenly walked towards her,dead serious,and handed her something in his hands. "Read it."

Narumi looked at it,her eyes almost filled with tears,but Sasuke doubted she was about to cry.. She was as cold hearted as she possibly could be.

"What is it?"

"Just read it.. You'll know."

She took the paper in her hands and started reading it slowly. She looked at the paper as if it was her only chance.. Why was it that she focused so much on a piece of paper? Did she recognize her own handwriting?

"That's why handwriting." she whispered,still looking at the paper.

"Yes." Naruto said,looking at her with a proud smile. He had hope. "You wrote that,Narumi. You wanted me to protect your daughter." Her look was blank.

"But.." Narumi said. "She's a danger."

"No she's not." Sasuke said sharply. "She's not a danger to anyone-"

"She almost got me killed! You let me die,for a baby!"

"That's how much you loved-"

"That's how little you cared for me!" Narumi started to shout. "I lost my memories because of that baby! I will be haunted by every shinobi for that baby! We have to kill-"

"Over my dead body." Sasuke said sharply and coldly. For once,he could put something else before Narumi. He would,just like Shikamaru said,use Narumi as a human shield to protect his daughter.

"You won't lay a finger on her."

"Weren't you almost my husband-"

"That does not matter!" Sasuke roared out. "Wake up,Narumi! Stop trying to act like you don't care when I know that deep inside,you do care! You have a daughter,and she's also my daughter,and try to lay one finger on her in the thought of harm,and I promise I will kill you!"

"We'll just have to see who kills who first."

And then she teleported.

----------------

Thanks for all the views and comments! I really appreciate it! :3

I just want to announce that there's a sequel coming up about Mikoto and the future,I will be linking it as soon as the first chapter is written!

I hope you liked this chapter! <3
Here's a recommendation if you would like to read another great story about Naruto and such

https://www.wattpad.com/story/95455348?utm_source=ios&utm_content=story_info&utm_medium=link&wp_page=story_details

Credit to the one who wrote it :3