Death of Ice

"Why is he here?" Narumi asked,narrowing her eyes as she looked at  him. 

It hadn't taken long for Narumi to meet up with Obito last night,and once she did,she knew she had to prove her loyalty...Which would be hard. She'd keep her distance though.. 

But still..It had nowhere,ever,said that he would be here. Narumi didn't mind him being here,she was somewhat happy that she could see him and be with him. But he'd suspect her,and who knew what he was prepared to do..This was after all.. 

"Sasuke is going to keep watch of you," Obito said. "I know your ties,and since you're friends you may just be on our side of this.."

Obito had left them in the woods to train,said he had errands to do,and when he came back he wanted them to do somewhat an assignment for him. Narumi knew this was something just to prove her loyalty. 

When they were alone,Sasuke immediately pierced his eyes on her. He was just as surprised as her to see her here. Was Sasuke always with them..? 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sasuke asked sharply,looking at her with annoyed eyes. He had his long blade in his hands and stood at least five meters away from her on the grass. He looked as handsome as ever,but also like a sharp snake.. 

"I could ask you the same."

"You know why." Sasuke said,his voice cold... Why was he going to pretend like nothing had happened? He saved her! He was the one who saved her from Obito! So why was he pretending like he didn't care? Like he didn't do anything? 

"Unlike you," Narumi said,taking out both of her blades. "I'm here because I need to protect my friends." 

"That's a lie." Of course..She should've known. "If you wanted to protect them,you would've killed Obito within seconds,which you obviously can do if you use your mind and your greatest powers. You're here for another reason." Yea..Sasuke was always sharp with these kind of details. 

He must've thought this through the moment he saw her. He must already know for all she knows. 

After that they trained for a while. Both ninjutsu and taijutsu,and they fought with anger..Narumi felt the anger clearly as they fought. 

In the end they were left with nothing but sweat. It's like when they fought they spoke to each other.. Why they were to be in this position,why she'd come here and why he was to be here bodyguard when she could fully take care of herself and when it would build up consequences for both of them. 

"You've grown stronger.." Narumi said,breathless. Sasuke was breathless as well,and smirked as he stood away from her a distance. 

"Once I learned that the best shinobi of the leaf had just strength I had to overcome her."

"Yet I'm only in my normal state and have yet not used any hard ninjutsu.." Narumi smiled. "I haven't even used my rasengan on you."

Sasuke's POV;

The rasengan..Right. 

Sasuke still remembered how Naruto was ready to smash a rasengan right in Sasuke's chest..But Narumi had protected him. She'd gotten hit by the rasengan just to protect him,and had almost died because of it.. 

This..Fighting with Narumi,or more likely training with her,reminded him of the old times where they both used to train to get stronger. 

"I haven't went full on power either,you know..If I did,you'd be dead by now." 

"Don't think so highly of yourself.." But as much as he hated to brag about it,he had actually learned very high ninjutsu techniques which took allot of chakra,and had more control of chakra as well. His chidori had gotten ten times more powerful than before,and stronger. He was simply growing stronger and stronger. 

But so was Naruto and Narumi. 

"You shouldn't be here," he said. "You should be with Naruto."

"Since when do you care about Naruto?" she asked,her eyes a bit wide. The blue sparkle in her eyes seems allot more magnified than the last time. Sasuke wasn't even gonna ask what happened to her and Kakashi or why she left. The real reason. 

"I don't." Sasuke said coldly and turned around,feeling that Obito was pretty close.. However,his concern wsa always on how Narumi would react if she saw Madara. 

Suddenly,he heard weird chuckling noises,as if someone was choking,behind him. And as he turned around,he saw Narumi kneeling to the ground,her hands against her throat,gasping and reaching for air. Her eyes are wide..Wide and scary. 

Something awoke heavily in Sasuke..Worry and concern,panic and great confusion ran over his heart. What's going on? 

He ran diretcly to Narumi,kneeling beside her as he placed his hand on her back,the other on her stomach to help her steady. 

"Narumi!" he almost shouted in her ear,seeing how she carefully started to fade away from her consciousness. A sound comes from somwhere that he hadn't heard in his entire life. His whole human life,he'd never witnessed a sound like that before..  

It was the sound of his heart beating at the top of his chest. It was the sound of blood pumping in his veins,boiling.. 

His sight was being dragged away from him..Started to blurry as he held onto her,but his heart raced nonetheless even more. 

"Sasuke!" He heard his name being called,but not long before Narumi fell to the ground,coughing out blood that made her look absolutely fatal. That wasn't it though..That wasn't the reason for Sasuke suddenly feeling like his organs are about to be coughed out as well. It's something else.. 

"Get them inside!" Sasuke heard someone say. 

And the last thing he felt before being dragged away,was the slight touch of Narumi's hand. 

Her once warm hand was cold as ice.