An act of love

Narumi blocked her brothers counter attack,but wouldn't lert herself go overboard. Her plan was to drive him mentally crazy so he could wound her. She had to act different,had to put on another character and strenghten his will. 

"The Narumi I knew would never join the Akatsuki!" Naruto said,punching her cheek,which she hadn't been able to block unless she was in sage mode,which she wasn't. She was surprised by how much,in such a short amount of time,Naruto had gotten stronger. How could it even be possible? 

And not to mention..His sharingan. She wasn't used to seeing her brother with sharingan eyes,but now that she did see him,she couldn't stop thinking about her mission. Her own mission.

"You're mistaken," Narumi said,slicing off a piece of clothing from Naruto,and holding it up to his chin. "I've chosen another path. A path on the strong side. You're nothing but a weak burden!" She knew the words hurt him..But she had to keep going. She had to make him angry so he could lash out on her and defeat her. 

"That's a lie!" Naruto shouted,the passion in his eyes becoming more alive. He hit her waist and pushed her away. Narumi quickly recovered,hoping that Madara didn't see she wasn't giving it her best shot. She simply couldn't give it her best shot. 

Turning around quickly,Narumi saw Naruto coming at her with a rasengan,but this one was easy to dodge..Anyone could dodge this. Even Konohamaru could dodge this one. 

"Fire style,flaming bolts!" Narumi shouted as flaming bolts came from her hands,attacking Naruto as if the bolts were made of some sort of lightning in fire,although it was only fire. But a very powerful fire jutsu. 

"Water style,raging waves!" Naruto shouted,letting go of the rasengan as waves of water washed away her fire bolts.. Good,she thought as she smirked under the heavy curtains of her hair framing her face. Very good,Naruto..

Narumi knew better than anyone that she could take out Naruto,but if she did,a part of her would be destroyed. 

She made a run for him and turned her byakugan on,just to get a clear vision of his chakra points.

"Byakugan!" And then her byakugan in her left eye activated,suddenly making her see everything beyond reach. Including Naruto's chakra points. As she ran towards Naruto,she quickly ducked when she was right in front him,and punched him as quickly as possible in the weakest chakra points possible,hoping he'd stop moving and maybe,just maybe... 

Naruto fell down to the ground and gasped. "Damn it!" he said. "Damn it..." Narumi stood with her back facing Naruto's back on the ground. And now..Well,now she could only hope. 

"After everything we have been through," Narumi began,her eyes burning. She'd have to hurt him..She had to. "I still consider you my brother,my best friend. But you're weak. Just like our parents were." 

When Narumi turned around she faced a shocked Naruto,a Naruto that was in disbelief.. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost,and his eyes were empty. 

"You," said Narumi,choking on the tears,pointing with her sword at Naruto. "Are just as weak as the stupid Fourth Hokage who couldn't even live to support his children. Instead he put beasts in them,tortured them. Is that what you call a father,Naruto?"

"Stop it." Naruto warned,but this was better..She had to start making him angrier and angrier. This,talking about their parents,was his weak spot. 

"And mum..She was suppose to be a part of a feared clan. Yet,she was a coward! She died and didn't do anything to stop Dad for once!" 

"Stop. Talking." 

"They were both killed cause they're weak!" Narumi spit out,feelings how her own heart was quickly falling at the pit of her stomach,how her voice struggled to be cold while her eyes were burning with tears. "That's how it goes,Naruto..The weak die. They always do." 

She walked towards him,her swords at her sides,her hair covering her eyes filled with tears,making everything hard to see. 

"You're wrong," he suddenly said,making Narumi stop as he spoke.. He shouldn't be able to speak or even as much as move,but there he was,struggling with all of his will to get up,and he did get up. "Our parents are heroes.." he said quietly. She kept her look low,her whole face was a mask of ice. 

"You know what our parents did for the village!" Naruto said. "Without them,you'd be weaker than an insect!" Narumi had to act like she had enough,therefor,when she looked up at Naruto,she only saw his face staring right back at her. 

Despite her difficulties,she had to smirk. "Die." she whispered,quickly running towards him and ready to make a flesh wound on his waist,just for the sake of it.

And she did,but the minute she had touched him,and sliced the side of his waist,she solemnly put down her swords and saw the blood dripping from them as she teleported her friends away from the place. 

And then,on her right eye,the sharingan was formed as her emotions of pain,hatred and love increased.

Naruto's POV; 

"Naruto!" Sai called out,seeing Naruto on the ground holding his bloody waist. He could have dodged Narumi's flesh wound,but instead he let her. It's like when he looked at her,he knew he had to trust her. He didn't know why though.. 

Shikamaru ran towards Naruto,followed by Kakashi and Sakura. "Sakura,we need to heal him,quickly!" Shikamaru ordered. Sakura followed the orders without hesitation,ripping off Naruto's shirt underneath his jacket which she also took off. His waist was indeed bleeding with force,and he felt ill. But there were a few reasons why. 

"Naruto,are you okay?" Naruto nodded. His wound was actually fine,it didn't hurt much,but more likely his heart hurt more than his deep wound. 

"Yea..I'm fine. Where are we and how the hell did we get here?" Naruto asked,his voice husky and low. Sakura shushed him withher deadly eyes and returned to healing him. 

Shikamaru was the first,as always,to answer the question. He showed his wrist and on it was a seal.. A mark,rather. 

"What is that?" Kakashi asked. 

"It's Narumi's teleportation seal." Sai suddenly said,showing off his neck where indeed another seal,the exact type,was marked on him. 

"Yea," Shikamaru said. "I think that whenever she approached us and touched us without us knowing,she placed a seal on us.  To get us out of there..It was all a part of her plan. And Madara wanted Naruto specifically. In order for her to teleport us she had to wound Naruto so she'd make it look like Naruto teleported them since we don't know the jutsu." 

"Yea..Only Minato sensei knew the seal,and the Uzumaki." Kakashi sensei said,which was obvious. Naruto had actually learned how to teleport,he'd just never thought of actually using it. 

"So basically," Sakura said,unsure. "Narumi saved us? But why?" Shikamaru looked down at Naruto,whom also had the concerned look. But somehow,Naruto already knew the answer. 

"Because Narumi needs the war to defeat Madara,and her reasons for keeping us alive are simply out of love."