Every step of the way,she'll be there

Sasuke's POV;

After a while of being in the cell,not knowing how many hours or days it has been,Sasuke had felt a strange illness in his heart. He felt anger for no reason,he felt pain and he felt as if he wanted to kill someone so that he could become the better. 

It was as if not having blood on his hands made him crazy. 

The man on the other side in the other cell always seemed to stare as Sasuke with his crazy eyes,and not Sasuke just couldn't help it. 

He'd use his eyes to kill this guy,but the shinobi had put some serum inside of Sasuke which didn't allow him to use any chakra or his eyes. Every 24 hours he had to take the serum,which made him crazier and crazier. 

"Get me out of here!" Sasuke shot at every ninja in the room,shaking the cell. "I will kill you! Get me out of here now! I need to..I need to see Narumi!" 

"She's not here,Uchiha! Get over it!" 

"But I am." Sasuke knew the voice too well,and saw Naruto coming his way inside the cells.

"Naruto.." The shinobi said with high surprise. Naruto didn't even as much as greet them.

"Let me pass through." 

"But Naruto,we can't-"

"Let me pass through." He demanded,sounding sharper on the edge. They moved and let Naruto come in the cells. 

Naruto walked to Sasuke's cell and crouched,looking at Sasuke. 

Sasuke did feel something deep inside his guts,and he felt as if the blood lust he had was fading. Maybe it was because Naruto was a familiar face? 

"Naruto.." Sasuke stared at his hands and grimaced. "I don't know what's going on with me! It's like I'm filled with poison!" 

"Sasuke." Naruto said,his hair covering his eyes a little. "Listen closely! What I'm about to tell you is something you cannot forget,alright? Promise me you'll listen and you'll do whatever it takes if you want this to be over!" 

Of course,Sasuke wanted this to be over more than anything! He just wanted to get back to the village,and grow a normal life where he didn't have to worry of being controlled all the time. 

"I promise!" Sasuke said just as Naruto reached out for him. 

"Give me your hand." 

Sasuke reached out his hand to Naruto's,and somehow,Sasuke felt the change inside of him. 

Whatever the feeling was,no matter how pleasant it was.. 

It didn't feel good. 

"Naruto,stop." Sasuke said calmly at first. But Naruto wouldn't let go of Sasuke's hand. Not even when Sasuke tried to pull away.. He just wouldn't move!

"Naruto,stop it!" 

All the negativity seemed to fade away from Sasuke with each second. 

"Naruto! I will rip your head off,just stop it! Right now!" Naruto drew in a small breath,holding Sasuke's hand harder than ever.

Then,he pulled away. 

"It had to be done.. Otherwise Narumi would've done it."

"Why!" Sasuke almost roared as he got up to his feet,moving the cell. "You idiot! Why'd you do that?!" 

"I'm gonna be your best friend,Sasuke..I'll stop this,in any way. I'll stop it no matter what."

"You can't control it,Naruto!" 

But Naruto started to walk away. 

"NARUTO!" 

Naruto's POV;

Naruto was about to walk away from the village,he had been sneaking out all along. 

But of course... 

"Going somewhere?" 

"Shikamaru." Naruto looked at his cfriend and didn't quite know how to put it.. Naruto didn't actually feel anything quite yet,no negativity.. No blood lust,but he knew it was there,and it was digging itself out. 

"I was just going out."

"With a bag? With your best weapons on? With a sealing mark on your palm that I've never seen before?" Naruto narrowed his eyes. 

Shikamaru knew. 

"Listen,it's none of your business-"

"And it's already taking effect." Shikamaru said. "You sucked the negativity out of Sasuke."

"How do you-"

"Narumi wanted to do the same." Narumi? She wanted to do that? 

Well,Naruto knew that Narumi would've done anything to save Sasuke. He could only imagine if Narumi was in Sasuke's place.. Sasuke would've done the same. 

"Good thing I did it before her..At least now she doesn't have to suffer." Naruto said,and to be honest he was relieved about it. 

"You do realize this only hurts her more."

"Well,it's not about her." Naruto said calmly. "It's about me trying to save my friend."

"She had a solution for that!"

"And I don't want her in trouble,Shikamaru!" Naruto scowled. "Do you really want Narumi hurt?" Shikamaru was like a question mark. 

"Narumi's strong-"

"Yes." Naruto interrupted. "She's strong,I know. But she got hurt the last time,she might get hurt again.. I won't allow my sister to get hurt again. Now tell me,you,as a person who cares about her,would you want her to get hurt? Would you want her to suffer again?" 

Shikamaru shook his head slowly,seeing Naruto's point. "I..No. I would never want to see her hurt."

"Then let me take over this."

"She'll be mad."

"I love my sister." Naruto then said. "I can take her anger..But I can't take her suffering."

"And what about Hinata?" Naruto hadn't forgotten Hinata. 

No..He'd never forget her.

"I will bring Hinata with me. I..She makes me feel normal. I would leave her here to be safe,but she refused. She will be there,every step of the way."

"Naruto..Are you sure the two of you can manage? Cause I'm more than a hundred percent sure Narumi will come after."

"Then let her." Naruto said as he started walking again. "Things will be over by then."

--

Short chapter,I know! But I just want to thank you for the support of the story and I hope you'll stay tuned for next chapter! :3