Heartless

Narumi walked in front of her friends,ignoring the fact that she'd just injured a man that could be dead by now. She thought he'd deserve it,but whenever she thought of it her heart somehow cracked.

Naruto had slapped her,that had shocked her the most..It didn't particulary hurt but deep inside her heart,it did hurt a little. That was the first time Naruto had ever hit her,and she knew he had every right to do it. She was even grateful for it..But the only way..

"Narumi!" Sai jumped down from a tree down to her and walked beside her. She looked at Sai and smiled weakly,the blood on her face and knuckles still visible,although it was try.

"Hey,Sai." she said weakly,looking down at the ground. Sai had become a good friend,and he talked to her really often. And it obviously wasn't because she had beauty beyond ordinary,but mostly because he was her friend and understood her in some situations. However,not even Sai understood her this time. So she must've done something wrong..Obviously!

"How are you?" he asked her,his pale face visible even in the dark.

"It's been an hour," she said. "I don't know what I feel." Which was a lie. She felt anger,lots of it. And she didn't even have to say that Sai knew it. She knew that he knew she was lying,it was the most obvious thing. Sai could read feelings just like he reads them from books.

"Is it because of Kakashi sensei's look?" Narumi almost stopped when he said that,almost forgot how to breathe and how to think. How..How did he know about that?!

"What exactly are you speaking of?" she inquired,nervously looking down at the ground. No one could know..No one could know that she and Kakashi were somewhat together. They weren't really together,but..She did-

"I saw sensei holding your hand before," Sai said casually,as if it was no big deal. "I also saw the way he looked at you,the way he protects you from everything and everyone. And the first to react to you punching that guy was Kakashi sensei. It's almost like he knew you were going to loose control,and alerted Naruto about it." He did? Kakashi did that?

She wasn't angry,but rather stunned. Kakashi knew she was going to loose control? Was it that obvious? Or was it just a thing Kakashi knows about her?

"Sai.."

"I know he's in love with you,Narumi." Sai said,still having that look that said it wasn't a big deal. She flushed,feeling the worry pumping inside of her. If someone knew..If someone knew then she and Kakashi would probably be tortured until they drifted apart.

"Don't look so aggravated," Sai then persisted. "I don't see any reason for you to be worried."

"The point is that me and Kakashi can't be publicly together."

"Because of your age?" he asked as Narumi nodded. Sai looked at her for a while,and she whondered what he was thinking. Suddenly,he said;

"I read this book." Here we go again.. "It said,that love,beyond all things,are unconditional. Love can drive us insane,and it can calm us,it cane hyperventilate us and make us sane. Either way,I've seen how you react with both Sasuke and Kakashi sensei. You love them both,but as Sasuke drives you insane,Kakashi is the one who calms you down. Nonetheless,Kakashi is good for you. He's there,and he protects you,and seems to choose you over anything. So for any case of worry,don't." He learned that in a book?

Narumi looked surprised,and was surprised. How did Sai found out so much from just reading a ridiculous book? And how could he possibly know,that easily,that Sasuke drives her crazy? It was true,though.. She was absolutely insane when with Sasuke,and fairly calm with Kakashi. Well,even Kakashi could drive her nuts,but still.

"What I'm saying is Kakashi will be there when you need him," Sai continued. "And if you love him,you ought not to be worried.He may not be the likes of us,but he's definitely a careful person." Which is true. Kakashi has always thought through everything,and Narumi could only hope that he knew how to deal with this.

"How long have you known?" Narumi asked,her voice husky and trembling.

"Ever since I came to team seven." he said. "The minute I saw the care Kakashi sensei had for you,I knew he felt something for you,I just wasn't sure what,so I tried figuring it out. Now I know it's love." However,there was more to it. She could feel the way Sai was taking a short pause to let that progress.

"But.." Yes,she knew this would happen. He had more to say.. "You also love Sasuke. He's the one who makes you feel like you can conquer the world. He makes you want to fight for other people,not just for him. The only question is who you can and cannot live without."

Narumi was silent for a while. She'd live so long without Sasuke,telling herself that she didn't care about him until she figured that it was a lie. Cause that day,when she first fought him becasue of Madara,she celarly still felt something.

"You're clearly fighting for him," Sai pointed out thoughtfully. "But not even I can see which one you love the most."

"Me either." she whispered.

Narumi hadn't noticed how many hours it'd been just until they got to the front gate of the leaf village,met by Granny Tsunade and Captain Yamato. They were probably waiting for the juicy details of Narumi's blood spotted clothes. Which wouldn't be very juicy after all..

After the explanation of what Narumi had done to the man back there,Granny Tsunade had gone bonkers.

"Narumi Uzumaki!" she yelled,her hands smashed on the desk in front of them. Narumi kept her calm with her hands behind her back and looked forward,taking all the blame for what she did. She'd been foolish back there.. So foolish.

"You killed a man because he was in charge of being Sasuke's baby sitter!" she yelled. "You almost killed him,and almost sent Gaara and his people after us if you'd killed him! Your bare hands,in the responsability of Madara-"

"Exactly." Narumi said,looking up Lady Fifth. "He was on a task to kill us. Better me have him killed rather than Naruto or any of my friends killing him instead!"

"How can you say that-" Once again Narumi interrupted,took a step forward and glared at Granny Tsunade.

"I'm not Naruto,Granny Tsunade!" she scowled. "What does this man's life make any difference from the ones we have killed so far? I've killed more than I can count,and suddnely this man counts! Yes,he was Sasuke's baby sitter,but I will do anything to get Sasuke back! Even if it means killing someone."