Golden Night

"You have to control your emotions,Narumi." Neji said,standing next to Shikamaru and Choji and Ino. Sakura and Naruto went training just a while ago as Narumi herself had take a break for today. It was an strict order,apparently. 

"Served him right." Shikamaru snorted. "What Narumi did to him is no different from what we do every day." 

"That's what I said." Narumi pointed out quietly,looking down at the ground as she saw the bloody man in front of her. It had been hard to wash away his dry blood on her hair,and he was probably dead by now. 

"Lady Tsunade thought of it as unacceptable." Narumi said dryly. "If she could only see that my reasons aren't just to get Sasuke back-"

"But to kill Madara." Shikamaru said obviously,as if he already knew it. Which he did. Shikamaru knew her very well,almost as well as Sasuke did since Shikamaru had been Narumi's closest friend at their young age. 

So Narumi nodded. 

"Are you sure you can handle Madara,Narumi? I mean,he has declared war upon the five great nations." Ino said,looking at Narumi with concern. Right..There was a war coming up pretty soon. And Narumi had to be prepared for it all. 

Actually,she sometimes suspected that Madara wasn't actually Madara. He seemed different the two times she'd met him. 

"I know my limits." Narumi said,closing her eyes as she let herself think. "After all,I'm the only one alive who can trick my sage mode into the Six Paths mode."

"Remember what happened last time you did that?" Shikamaru snorted,his face bitter. She knew very well what happened when she first overdid her limits,when she was closer than ever to enter the Sage of the Six Paths mode. No one knew how it was possible,but some of them simply thought he chakra was strong enough to resemble that kind of mode. 

"Do I need to remind you that you were unconscious for a whole week?" Shikamaru said,looking straight at Narumi with blank eyes. 

"Yea,and your hair wasn't blonde,it was red." Choji pointed out,which was true. Her hair had been garnet red,and her face had been pale,her powers had gotten too strong for her to control,and the last thing she had remembered that day,was Naruto getting into Nine Tails sage mode and coming to her rescue. 

"That was a long time ago," Narumi said,standing up from the bench and looking at her friends with a certain amusement. "I know how to control my powers now. But indeed,if I do use my Six Paths mode,I'll die. That's certain."

"Which is why,I'm not letting you do it." Narumi looked behind her and saw Naruto,Sakura and Sai coming towards them. All three of them were sweating,but didn't look very tired. Naruto glared at his sister,and she returned the look in a nervous smile as a nervous laugh escaped her mouth. 

"H-hey,guys!" she said amusingly,trying to switch the subject. "Look,Shikamaru knows an awesome new jutsu!"she burst out,smiling widely and gesturing at Shikamaru. But Naruto only looked at her,his eyes narrowed and his face filled with doubt. 

"If you think,even for a second,that I'll let you use the Sage of the Six Paths mode,then you're absolutely wrong." Yes..She was quite aware of that. 

"No one here is actually gonna let you do it,Narumi." Choji pointed out. 

"Not a chance." Ino said,her pride falling over her face. 

"You're my best friend,I wouldn't let you die." Sakura said with a kind smile on her face,looking at Narumi with admiration. 

"Despite our short notice,I think you're special and dying is not an option." Sai said.