Chapter Fifty-Six - Goblet of Fire

Eliza was sat beside Fred and George as they waited for the Halloween Feast to begin, the Goblet of Fire was stood in front of Dumbledore's empty chair at the teachers' table. "Hope it's Angelina," Fred said as Harry, Hermione and Ron sat down next to them.

"So do I!" Hermione replied, "Well, we'll soon know!"

The Halloween Feast took much longer than usual, probably because it was their second feast in two days. Eliza and the twins didn't feel in the mood for the extravagant food, they were busy constantly looking up at the teachers' table to see if Dumbledore had finished eating.

After what seemed like an eternity,the golden plates were cleared away and everyone went silent as Dumbledore stood up. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" He moved his hand over to the direction of the door, "Where they will be receiving their first instructions." He took out his wand and then suddenly all of the lights except for the candle-lit pumpkins went out. The Goblet of Fire shone brightly, the only proper source of light in the Great Hall.

"Any second," Lee whispered to them as he checked his watch.

The flames in the Goblet turned red and sparks began to fly out of it. And then a flame shot into the air with a piece of parchment in it, the whole room gasped. Dumbledore caught the parchment and held it out so he could use the light from the flames to be able to read the name. "The champion for Durmstrang," He read out, "Will be Viktor Krum."

"No surprises there!" Ron yelled from down the table. Viktor Krum rose from the Slytherin table and walked towards Dumbledore, turned right, went past the staff table and disappeared through the door and into the next chamber. "Bravo, Viktor!" Karkaroff shouted above all the applause. "Knew you had it in you!"

The noise all quietened down as everyone focused on the goblet, it only took a few more seconds for a second piece of parchment to shoot out, "The champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour!"

As the girl walked over to the door, the rest of the Beauxbatons students had dissolved into tears and were sobbing with their heads on their arms. When Fleur Delacour had disappeared into the chamber, silence resumed, but this time there was a lot more excitement in the air as it was now time for the Hogwarts champion. A third piece of parchment had shot out of the Goblet and into Dumbledore's hand. "The Hogwarts champion, is Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore shouted loudly as every Hufflepuff had jumped up and were screaming and shouting at the top of their voices. Eliza turned to watch as Cedric went over to the door, their eyes locking onto each other, she gave him a smile to which he replied with a grin. "Excellent! Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real -" He went silent as the Goblet of Fire had turned red again, sparks were flying out of it and then a flame shot up, a piece of parchment with it.

Automatically, Dumbledore reached out and caught the parchment, he held it out and stared at the name written on it. There was a long pause as Dumbledore stared at the slip and everyone at him. And then he cleared his throat and read out, "Harry Potter."

Eliza let out a gasp and turned to look at the young boy, he looked dazed and as though he didn't know what was going on. No one applauded, some of the students even stood up to see him.

Professor McGonagall got up to her feet and moved forward to whisper quickly to Dumbledore. "Harry Potter! Harry! Up here, if you please!"

Harry got to his feet, stumbling slightly before walking slowly up towards Dumbledore, "Well, through the door, Harry,"

Everyone in the hall stayed silent as they watched the teachers sit in confusion and then stand up, panic clear on their faces. Dumbledore turned to all the students, "I believe it is time for you all to go to your common rooms." Ludo Bagman and Crouch both left the room and were soon followed by Dumbledore, Madame Maxime, Karkaroff, McGonagall and Snape. The remaining teachers then herded them all out.

Eliza walked back to the common room alongside Oliver and the twins, "I can't believe it." Fred told them.

"He didn't do it!" Eliza said, "Did you see his face when his name was called out?"

"He probably never thought it would be called out." Oliver replied.

"It just doesn't seem like something Harry would do."

"Well if he did, I want to know how he did it." George said, "Considering we couldn't do it!"

Oliver started to laugh, "It's impossible for someone to be better than you two."

"We knew you always thought that Oliver!" The twins told him in sync as they sat down beside the fire.

After what seemed like days, the portrait opened and Harry walked in. The entire common room erupted into loud cheers. "You should've told us you'd entered!" Fred yelled from beside her.

"How did you do it without getting a beard? Brilliant!" George shouted loudly.

"I didn't," Harry said and the look on his face made Eliza realise he was telling the truth. "I don't know how -"

Angelina moved over in front of him, "Oh if it couldn't be me, at least it's a Gryffindor."

"You'll be able to pay back Diggory for that last Quidditch match, Harry!" Katie bellowed at him.

"We've got food, Harry, come and have some."

"I'm not hungry, I had enough at the feast." Harry said but they all ignored him, they didn't listen when Harry told them all that he hadn't put his name in the goblet and they were all oblivious to the fact he didn't want to celebrate. Eliza sighed heavily when Lee got a gryffindor banner out and wrapped it around his shoulders. Whenever the young boy tried to go up the stairs to the dormitory people would crowd round him, give him another butterbeer and stuff food into his hands. They all wanted to know how he had managed to put his name in, how he had managed to beat Dumbledore.

Growing annoyed at the actions of the majority of Gryffindor, Eliza leant back and placed her head on Oliver's shoulder, he smiled at her comfortingly, "Don't worry El!"

"He could die Ol!" Eliza replied, "Many have died in the competition."

"I'm tired!" Harry shouted finally, "No, seriously, George, I'm going to bed." Eliza watched as Harry moved his way towards the stairs and pushed past two young students who looked as though they were related.

"It must be overwhelming for him!" Eliza told Oliver, "You believe me? When I say I know he didn't put his name in?"

"Of course I do." Oliver smiled, "Because when ever you say anything and people say that you're wrong, you always prove them right. You were correct about the Heir of Slytherin and no one thought you were! So I think it's the case now!"