Chapter Fifty-Eight - The First Task

Everyone was sat in the Great Hall, having their breakfast. Eliza was with Oliver, Fred, George, Angelina, Katie and Alicia. There was a high level of excitement throughout the hall, everyone was looking forward to the upcoming task, later that day. It was only mere hours away. "Potter, the champions have to come down onto the grounds now. You have to get ready for you first task." Professor McGonagall said as she stood next to the Gryffindor table.

"Good luck, Harry." Eliza called out to him as he made his way out.

Soon enough, it was time for all the students and teachers to make their way down to where the Quidditch Pitch had once been, it had now been turned into a large rocky area. "Dragons." Eliza told the group, "Charlie must be here! That's why your mother and brothers were all rather smug before we left!"

The twins became even more excited at the thought of seeing dragons, "Won't it be fun, it better start soon!" Fred shouted above the noise of all the other students, "Come on, we need to get good seats."

"I think everywhere's a good seat." Eliza yelled back at him.

"We need a close one though!" George told her.

After about ten minutes, all of the students were seated and everyone was talking happily, people were getting their predictions sorted out, many of them betting on the person they thought would come out the best. It seemed that everyone thought it was Harry that was going to be the worst, considering he was the youngest and didn't know as much as them.

The crowd turned into a massive roar as Cedric entered the enclosure, he looked green and as though he was going to be sick at any given moment. "IT's a Swedish Short-Snout!"Fred informed them, "Charlie told us about them over the summer holiday. Rather interesting really."

Eliza could only nod as she was too entranced in watching what was going on and if Cedric was going to be okay or not. He transfigured one of the rocks on the floor into a dog causing the crowd to gasp loudly. "What's he doing with a dog?" Oliver yelled loudly, "Do you think the dragon will be scared of the dog?"

"I think he's hoping the dog will act as a distraction." Eliza told him.

"That makes more sense." Oliver grinned at her widely.

It seemed to be working for Cedric as well, the dragon started to go towards the dog rather than him. Cedric began to carefully make his way over to where the egg was, "Come on Ced." Eliza whispered under her breath. Just as he reached the egg, the dragon decided he didn't want the dog and would rather the boy, he turned and managed to burn Cedric along the shoulder, the crowd oohed as the boy shrieked in pain. Luckily, he had managed to get the egg so could be taken out of the enclosure. It had taken him fifteen minutes to capture his egg.

Cedric was escorted out of the area before being brought back in with a big bandage wrapped around his shoulder, he was given his score which was quite good for what he had done.

Next up was Fleur Delacour. She tried to put a charm on the dragon, put into a trance. It seemed to be working as after a while the dragon went all sleepy but then it began to snore causing jets of flames to shoot out. Resulting in one of them catching her skirt and causing it to go on fire. Fleur managed to use her wand to give out some water to stop the fire. And then after she was able to get her egg. She got a good score considering she caught on fire.

The third out was Krum who hit the dragon's eye with some spell that caused it to move around out of agony and squashing half the real eggs. This caused the judges to take some marks off as no damage was allowed.

It was then Harry's turn, Eliza felt her body froze as she carefully watched. All around her the crowd were screaming and yelling, some were friendly comments while lots of the Slytherin's were shouting abuse. Harry raised his arm, which was holding his wand, and shouted, "Accio Firebolt!" Eliza started to look around, knowing the broomstick would be making it's way towards him.