Chapter One Hundred and Three - Harry's Seventeenth Birthday

As the Summer went on, even more people arrived at the Burrow. It was even busier and more tables had to be added. Charlie, Lupin, Tonks, and Hagrid came just in time for Harry's seventeenth birthday.

"Out of the way, out of the way!" Mrs Weasley shouted as she brought the giant Snitch Birthday cake out.

"That looks amazing, Mrs Weasley."

"Oh, it's nothing, dear." She replied fondly.

Eliza, who was stood in between Fred and George, smiled at the encounter, "We've never got a cake like that!" The two whispered to her.

"I bet she's made you a lovely one before!" Eliza replied.

"Not one like that though." George said.

"Is someone jealous?" Eliza asked them while giggling, "You are jealous of a cake, well I never."

"Oh, shut up." Fred knocked his elbow into her side, "I bet you got a good cake when it was your birthday!"

"Not really, my family never celebrated birthday's much."

"Yours? Or just in general?"

Shrugging her shoulders, she answered with, "General I suppose. Can you really imagine the Dawlish's spending the afternoon crowded round a table singing Happy Birthday?"

The boys both sniggered, "Of course we can, little Eliza sat at the head of the table wearing a pink dress as your family sat around smiling at you."

"Ha ha, very funny!"

At seven o'clock, the three sat at the table and waited patiently for everyone else to join them, "I'm starving." Fred commented as he looked longingly at the food, "Do you think I could have something small now?"

"Your mother will notice if  you have something."

"No, she won't." Fred said before looking over at his mother, "Okay, maybe she will."

"What's taking everyone so long to sit at a table?" George asked, annoyance in his tone.

Eliza looked around at all the guests, "I don't think your father is back from work yet. They are probably just waiting for him to return home."

"He better not take too long!"

"He'll be here soon, don't you two worry yourselves about it."

Finally, Mrs Weasley called to them, "I think we'd better start without Arthur!" Fred and George immediately sat up, "He must have been held up at work, oh!"

A streak of light came flying across the yard and onto the table, the bright silver weasel, stood on its back legs and spoke in Mr Weasley's voice, "Minister of Magic coming with me."

The Patronus dissolved immediately and Eliza looked over at the members of the Order, "We shouldn't be here," Lupin said quickly, "Harry, I'm sorry. I'll have to explain some other time." He held Tonk's wrist, pulled her away and as soon as they climbed over the fence they disappeared from sight.

"The Minister coming? But why? I don't understand."

There was no time for anyone to say anything as within a second, Mr Weasley had appeared at the gate, alongside Rufus Scrimgeour. They marched across yard and towards the garden, where everyone was sat in silence at the lantern-lit table.

"Sorry to intrude," Scrimgeour said as he halted just before the table, "Especially as I can see that I am gate-crashing a party." He stared at the Snitch cake, "Many happy returns."

"Thanks." Harry replied.

"I require a private word with you. Also with Mr Ronald Weasley and Miss Hermione Granger."