Chapter Twenty-Three - Valentines Day

THUD! THUD! THUD! Eliza opened one eye to see Angelina standing above her with a pillow in her hands. Before she could do anything Eliza tackled her down onto the ground. "DON'T YOU DARE! YOU MONSTER!" She screamed at Angelina.

"ALICIA! MAISIE! HELP ME!" Angelina wailed.

"We're on Eliza's side!" They replied as they joined in hitting Angelina with their pillows. "It's time to get a taste of your own medicine!"

The three girls then all sat on top of her. "I hate you three so much." Angelina struggled to get them off her and as soon as she had managed to she pretended to dust off her clothes. "And anyway I have to get ready. It's Valentines today!"

"So?" Alicia snorted. "It's just going to be a normal school day!"

"I hardly doubt that!" Maisie muttered. "I heard Dumbledore gave Lockhart permission to do something he wanted."

"Great." Eliza groaned loudly. "Valentines is unbearable as it is without adding Lockhart into the equation."

"Why would you find Valentines day unbearable? You have a boyfriend!"

Eliza glared at Angelina. "I don't see the point in it. Why must there be a day for huge gestures and acts of love. Shouldn't that just be a normal occurence?"

"Hopefully Percy will finally make a move!" Maisie said dreamily.

"Or you make a move instead?" Eliza told her. "You don't have to wait for some stupid guy. You can go and do it yourself."

Quickly, before anyone could beat her Eliza ran into the bathroom where she dressed into her school uniform and pulled her hair back into a long ponytail. With ease she did her winged eyeliner and put some lip balm on.

As, she made her way down the stairs and into the common room she bumped into Oliver Wood. "Sorry." Eliza said to him while smiling but Oliver avoided eye contact and made himself walk fastly away from him. "Oliver! What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I'm just going down to my friends." Eliza had to pretend how he said friends didn't hurt her.

She went to reply but a voice behind her beat her to it. "Oliver! Wait for me!" Katie ran past her and joined Oliver.

"Come on, then." Oliver said to her while grinning at her. "They'll be pancakes for breakfast, maybe they'll be blueberries too!" The two giggled together as they made their way out. Just before the door shut Eliza saw Oliver glance back at her.

Loud banging was heard coming down the stairs and the twins appeared by her side. "Breakfast time!"

"I'm starving."

Eliza and the twins rushed to the Great Hall but stopped abruptly when they were met with pink confetti falling down from the ceiling. "Woah, what happened here?"

"It's disgusting!" Fred told her.

"Happy Valentines day!" Cedric told her excitedly. "Doesn't it look great!" He added sarcastically.

"Oh, it looks fabulous darling." Eliza said while grinning at him.

The two shared a kiss before making their way to their tables, feeling eyes on her she turned to see Oliver watching her intently. Sitting down in between the twins she brushed some of the confetti off her food and noticed he was still looking at her. Ignoring him she turned to look at the teacher's table.

Lockhart was wearing pink robes that seemed to match the confetti - meaning he was the reason for the disgusting things. He waved for silence and Eliza nearly laughed at all the other teachers reactions, none were impressed with what was going on. "Happy Valentines Day!" Lockhart shouted happily. "And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here!" He clapped his hands and a dozen dwarfs walked through the doors, they all were wearing golden wings and carried a harp. "My friendly, card carrying cupids! They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!" Professor Flitwick's face was hidden in his hands and Snape looked ready to kill the first person to ask him for a love potion.

Every lesson the dwarfs would barge into everyone's classrooms to deliver valentines and it was obvious how annoyed all the teachers were becoming. The twins had begun to use it as a pranking service which made it much more bearable.

During, lunch when Eliza was sat with the twins, Angelina, Maisie and Alicia a dwarf tapped her shoulder. Eliza turned towards it and before she could look away it grabbed her so she stayed in place. "Eliza Dawlish I have a song to sing to you.

With your emerald green eyes

Your shiny brown hair

And your plump red lips

It's a shame we're going to beat you when Quidditch starts again."

Eliza burst into laughter and the dwarf walked away, the twins beside her were shaking with laughter and everyone in the room except for Lockhart seemed to find it funny. "Whatever you say Ced." She shouted to the boy who was nearly crying from laughter.

Oliver down the table glared at Cedric out of pure hatred.

Eliza turned back to the girls. "What a great song."

The twins looked at her "You have a great boyfriend El."

"Why? Because he's good at jokes?"

"Obviously." George said in a matter-of-factly tone.

After, she had finished her lunch she made her way over to Cedric and the two walked out hand in hand laughing about the song. "It was super romantic, I think you should be either a poet or a song-writer!"

"I know, I know. I've found my true profession." Cedric told her while grinning.

"The twins like you because of it!"

Cedric gasped. "They didn't like me before, then?"

"Shut up!" Eliza chuckled at him. "Did you see Lockhart's face when the Dwarf starting to sing."

"It wasn't doing what he wanted it to!"

Eliza made her way into the common room and saw that it was empty except from Oliver who was sat staring at the fire. "Lost your friends?" She asked him as she beside him.

"They can get a bit tiresome." Oliver admitted to her.

"That's why you would hang out with us." Eliza told him. "Why don't you anymore?"

Oliver tensed beside her. "How are you and Cedric going?"

"It's going really well." Eliza told him. "Really good."

He stood up. "I should go."

Eliza shouted to him "Oliver! We're still friends, right?"

"We're teammates."