Chapter Seventy-Four - Try outs

"Have you heard?" Fred asked her as they made their way over to the Great Hall.

Eliza turned to look at him, "Heard what?"

"Harry has a detention during try-outs." George told her before moving away from her.

"What?" Eliza yelled, "HE KNEW HOW IMPORTANT - UGH - STUPID, STUPID BOY." She then caught sight of Harry, "OI, POTTER!"

"We'll see you in a bit then," Fred and George said, "Okay, bye."

"What now?" Harry muttered as he turned to look at Eliza.

"I'll tell you what now," Eliza told him as she marched over to him before poking him hard in the chest, "How come you've landed yourself in detention for five o'clock on Friday?"

"What?" Harry asked her, "Why - oh yeah, Keeper tryouts!"

"Now he remembers!" Eliza growled at him, "Didn't I tell you I wanted to do a try-out with the whole team, and find someone who fitted in with everyone? Didn't I tell you I'd booked the Quidditch pitch specially? And now you've decided you're not going to be there!"

"I didn't decide not to be there!" Harry shouted at her, "I got detention from that Umbridge woman, just because I told her the truth about You-Know-Who."

"Well, you can just go straight to her and ask her to let you off en Friday," Eliza told him angrily, "And I don't care how you do it. Tell her You-Know-Who's a figment of your imagination if you like, just make sure you're there!"

Eliza stormed away but managed to hear Harry speak to Ron, "You know what? I think we'd better check with Puddlemere United whether Oliver Wood's been killed during a training session, because Eliza seems to be channeling his spirit." 

With a shake of her head she sat down beside the twins, "Everything okay with you? Still angry?"

"No, of course I'm not angry. Not as though we're not going to have a Seeker on Friday. Everything's absolutely fine, fine, see I'm fine."

"Eliza -"

"Not as though I've planned it all perfectly, booked the pitch, made sure everyone else was going to be there. You know a lot of people are coming to try out but it is now all ruined by one person. Just because of his little argument with pink lady."

The try-outs came round very quickly, Eliza had been worrying about it all week, she wanted to make sure everything was perfect. When five o'clock came, Eliza stood by one of the posts, waiting for everyone to come. Angelina and Alicia were the first ones to come, soon followed by Fred and George. All the others arrived within a couple of minutes. The team began to fly around the pitch while all the other people trying out for Keeper stood in front of Eliza. "Okay, each one of you will take turns to be keeper against us. You," She pointed at a boy, "Will go first." She then looked around at the rest of the group, "The rest of you go over to the side so you're not in the way." 

Eliza mounted her broom and flew over to the team, "Okay, just act as though it's a normal game." 

"Let's hope at least one of them is good," Alicia said to them before she caught the Quaffle, Alicia quickly made her way towards the posts and threw it with precision. The Quaffle went through straight away and then Angelina went and scored another goal. 

The second person was absolutely terrible, Angelina managed to score a couple of times in mere seconds, "He's definitely not in the team." Fred commented.

A girl called Vicky was the third person to try-out, the girl was a good flyer and made a couple good saves, "She's good!"

Ron then mounted his broom and flew up in front of the posts, to say he was bad was an understatement. "Yeah, maybe not." George joked with the girls, "I don't think he'll make the team."