Chapter Twenty-Five - Friends?

Professor McGonagall walked round the classroom as the students wrote their answers down, Eliza placed her pen down and stared forward into the unknown. Her thoughts were far away from the lesson and those around her. Maisie, who was sat next to her, sighed heavily. "What's wrong with you?" Eliza whispered to her.

"Nothing, okay." Maisie replied.

Eliza stared at her. "There's something wrong with you! Tell me."

"Percy's refusing to talk to me! Okay, but that's okay. We're friends, it's not a big deal."

"Maisie -"

The girl glared at her. "I don't care what you have to say. Just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean you're really good at giving advice. Because you're not good at it, trust me. You're just an oblivious bitch who can't see how much you're hurting people."

Eliza stared at her. "What are you on about?"

"Still? Even now, you can't see it."

"Who have I hurt?" Eliza asked, confused about what she was talking about.

"The boy you used to be friends with."

The lesson then ended and Maisie stormed out before Eliza could reply. She walked slowly out and down the corridor, Eliza's head hurt and she hated not knowing what was going on. She had no clue to what she had done and to who she had hurt. George caught up with her, "What's wrong Elz?"

"Who have I hurt?"

George stared at her. "What are you talking about?"

"Maisie! She said that I had hurt someone and I don't know who. George tell me, please." In this time she had burst into tears.

George grabbed her into a hug. "You're going to be okay."

"Who have I hurt?" Eliza asked him again.

"I don't know, I don't know." George soothed her.

Eliza stepped back and wiped her eyes. "I'm fine, I'm fine." She started to look around. "Where's Fred?"

"He's with Angelina." George told her. "They like each other."

"Right, yeah." Eliza replied. "I need to go and... and..."

"Be by yourself." Fred smiled at her. "I was just going to go and see Lee."

Eliza smiled weakly. "I'll see you in a bit." And with that the two parted and she made her way outside. Her hand brushed against the wall and she let out a sigh of relief when she felt the fresh air hit her face and blow her hair back. Sitting down, Eliza stared forward trying to think about what she was doing and what she had done.

Footsteps were heard next to her and Eliza quickly turned to see Oliver. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm on my way down to the Quidditch Pitch." He gruffly replied.

"Do you need some company?"

"No." Oliver told her as he walked away.

When he was out of eyesight Eliza burst into tears again. They didn't stop coming and Eliza's chest started to hurt. Someone placed their arm around her shoulder and tried to comfort her, "It's going to be alright, you're okay."

Eliza looked over to see Katie. "Why are you being nice to me? I thought you hated me."

"We're friends." Katie told her.

"Friends?" Eliza stared at her confused.

"Yes, we're friends now." Katie smiled. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know really, Maisie said I've hurt someone and that I'm oblivious to what I've done and I have no idea what she was talking about." Katie turned to her. "What have I done?"

Katie hugged her "You haven't done anything, okay. Not on purpose anyway."

Eliza stared forward and saw Oliver flying in the distance. "I want to know what I've done."

"It won't help anyone if you do." Katie told her. "I used to hate you so much. I saw how close you and Oliver were and I hated how he didn't even look at me. I always thought the two of you liked each other and I wanted that. I thought you two would end up together. But now I can see that I was wrong, that you were just friends and that I've been wrong for being jealous. You're the kindest person I have ever met and I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. I'm glad we're friends again. Now go get him." Eliza nodded towards Oliver.

"His heart belongs to another." Katie smiled at her. "Come on, let's go back inside."

Eliza sat down in the dormitory while Katie started to braid her hair, "Your hair is amazing. How did you get it this lovely?"

"I was born with it." Eliza said causing the two to burst into laughter.

"What is going on here?" Angelina shouted loudly. "Eliza Dawlish and Katie Bell laughing together, I never thought I see that."

"WE'RE FRIENDS!" The two yelled in unison.

Alicia sat down in front of them while Angelina stared curiously at the two, "This is too weird."

"Where's Maisie?" Eliza asked them.

"Who knows." Angelina replied. "She's all hung up about Percy 'idiot' Weasley."

The four all let out a sigh "I cannot believe how in love she is with him."

"Talking about being in love with a Weasley. How's Fred?" Eliza asked with her eyebrow raised.

Angelina went bright red and glared at Eliza. "Shut up!"

"What? It was just a simple question! Now answer it." Eliza told her.

The girl stood up and started to clean her bed, "You girls should help tidy up."

"Answer the question." The three girls dragged her onto the ground and started tickling her.

"OKAY! ALRIGHT! FINE!" Angelina said while struggling to get the three off her. "It was great, thank you. I loved it."

"Aww. There's a new romance going on here."

"Watch out El, you and Cedric have competition."

"Oh no! My entire life is over!" Eliza pretended to wail. "Someone save me."

The four girls then burst into laughter and then Maisie walked into the room. "Oh Maisie, come join us!"

"I'm okay." She stared at them in disgust.

"We should head out, yeah, we're going to the common room." Angelina said as they went downstairs.

They all sat down in the corner and started whispering to Angelina. "What are you three planning?" Fred and George asked them.

"Oh look it's Fred!" Eliza said loudly while winking at Angelina. "How was your date?"

Fred went as red as a tomato. "Come on George, let's go."

Eliza quickly stood up and ran over to the twins and slung her arm around Fred's shoulder. "My dear dear friend."

"No, no, that means you're up to something! Stop it!"

"Angelina and Fred sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Fred covered her mouth so you could only hear a muffled "First comes love then comes marriage then comes a baby in a golden carriage."

"I hate you so much!"

"No, you don't." Eliza grinned at him. "You're stuck with me."