Chapter One Hundred and Nine - Goodbye

Amidst the fighting, a cold voice was heard by everyone, the fighting stopped to listen to what Voldemort had to say. "You have fought Valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery." Eliza glanced over at Oliver, "Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of you dead with dignity. Treat your injured.

"I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

"He'd be stupid to do it." Eliza whispered to Oliver, "He's the only one who can kill Voldemort, he shouldn't go there all alone."

The Death-Eaters all disapparated from the grounds, leaving everyone else to go and collect their friends and to treat their wounds.

It was all eerily quiet, blood stained almost every wall, as they all made their way to the Great Hall.

"I'm sorry." Oliver told her quietly, "I never should have left you. It broke me when I did it."

Eliza placed her hand in his, "It doesn't matter know." She then asked him curiously, "Why did you do it?"

"Your father, he came to visit me, told me that you deserved someone much better than me, he was right you know. You do deserve someone better. So I left, knowing he was telling the truth."

She touched his cheek, "I don't care what you or my father think. I am in love with Oliver Wood and that is all that matters." She placed her lips onto his and felt warmth fill her once more.

They then went into the Great Hall, all the tables had been cleared away. Survivors were stood in groups, many holding each other. The injured were being treated upon the raised platform by Madam Pomfrey and a small group of helpers. She caught sight of Angelina, Alicia and Katie huddled together, none of them looked seriously injured, Angelina had her arm in a sling but that was it.

In the middle of the Hall, there was a row of dead people, nearest to them she saw Tonks and Lupin lay beside each other, they were holding hands and Eliza could feel devastation overcome her.

Her eyes wandered along the row and stopped as she saw the Weasleys' crowded around a body. She could not see who it was though. Slowly, she looked at who of the family was there and she realised George was standing alone. Sick made it's way up into her mouth, as her body turned freezing cold. She let go of Oliver's hand and staggered as if she was drunk towards them. As soon as she neared them all, they turned to look at her. Mrs Weasley was crying as she held onto her husband. Bill, Fleur and Percy stood together while Ginny was all one her.

When she caught sight of his cold, pale face, Eliza collapsed onto her knees right beside his body. Sobs erupted from her mouth as she clung onto his lifeless hand, hoping it was all another prank and that he wasn't actually gone. George wrapped his arm around her as the two cried together, neither saying anything but both knowing what they were feeling.

Eliza wished and prayed that he would wake up. It wasn't possible. Fred Weasley was supposed to grow old with George and herself. They were going to be old and disgraceful together. Pranking each other even in their old age.

Holding on to both of the twins, Eliza wanted nothing more than to be back in her first year at Hogwarts. Then, they were all happy, then they had no worried.

Back then Fred Weasley was alive.