Chapter Twelve - Exams

It was the hardest week of exams that Eliza had ever been through, not because the tests were hard but as the weather was extremely warm and all she wanted to do was sunbathe outside rather than be stuck inside doing boring tests. They would take their written exams inside a stuffy classroom, which didn't help.

Eliza's favourite exams were the practical exams, Professor Flitwick called pupils in one by one so they would perform the cheering charm, freezing charm and many more. Eliza thought she had managed to do it well. Then there was Transfiguration where they were set difficult tasks including turning a teapot into a tortoise. She had successfully turned the teapot into a tortoise but apparently Fred's tortoise could still breathe steam and George's had a willow-patterned shell. In care of Magical Creature, they had to keep a Flobberworm alive for an hour. In Potions you had to make a 'Confusing Concoction', it wouldn't have been too bad if Snape hadn't been breathing down their necks.

History of Magic was one of the most boring exam, it was mostly on witch hunts that had taken place hundreds of year before. As soon as it was finished Eliza was dragged down to the lake by Fred and George and they were then joined by Lee Jordan. Eliza sat under the tree and watched the three boys tickle the tentacles of a giant squid. "I don't think that's a good idea!" She warned.

"We'll be fine, Elz." Fred said to her.

"Why do you always worry about us?"

She sighed and leant back. "Because you always do things without thinking about the consequences!"

"WE DO NOT!"

"You sort of do!" Lee said to them which caused them to glare at him.

Harry, Hermione and Ron came and sat down beside Eliza. "How are you three?"

"I'm great! No more revision!" Ron said as he stretched "You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

Eliza looked over to see Harry rubbing his head. "I wish I knew what this means! My scar keeps hurting - it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey." Hermione suggested.

"I'm not ill." Harry told them "I think it's a warning... it means danger's coming."

Before they continued, the twins shouted Eliza "We may need some help, Za." The Squid seemed to be rather annoyed at the three boys.

"It would probably be for the best if you three step away from the squid and leave it alone!"

"We'll be fine!"

"If it kills you, can I say I told you so?" Eliza screamed at the three.

"You'd kill it before it would kill us!"

"No, I wouldn't!" Eliza told them.

"What? Why?"

Eliza chuckled. "Because you're the ones who have been annoying it while it's just been trying to sunbathe!" She sat back down on the grass. "Just leave it alone!"

"We'll be fine Elz."

Angelina, Alicia and Maisie came and sat by her. Eliza looked behind them to see if Katie was anywhere near them. "Where's Katie?"

Angelina and Alicia looked at each other. "Oliver's helping her with Quidditch."

Eliza nodded. "Oh."

"He was by himself, apparently you two had something planned but you had forgotten so Katie asked if he could help her with her Quidditch skills." Angelina said.