Chapter One Hundred and Ten - The End

It was pale like the snow they had once walked across and used as snowballs. It was brown like the broomsticks they had once flown on together, playing Quidditch. It was red like the fire that they had sat around to keep warm.

George and Eliza continued to stay in each others arms as they stared at their best friend. Neither could quite believe that he was dead. That he was gone. Glancing over, she realised that Hermione and Ron had joined them all, the girl was comforting Ginny whilst Ron was on his knees, carefully looking at his elder brother. Slowly, Eliza moved her hand so it was resting on his shoulder. He looked over at her before collapsing into her side, joining the hug between George and Eliza.

It seemed like an eternity before someone actually said anything, "He was laughing." Mrs Weasley commented as she stroked her son's face, "Look, he's smiling."

Percy dropped down beside her, "I told the Minister that I was resigning. He was in the middle of telling me that he hadn't heard me make a joke since we were children."

Eliza stared at Fred's body, "At least he was happy."

The Weasleys' all nodded their heads in agreement, "It's what he would have wanted." Bill replied.

Then that was it, they all continued to sit in silence.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone." A voice at the front of the castle shouted, Eliza looked up at panic at George before staring at Ginny. "The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

All those surviving and able to walk, made their way out of the castle and stopped as they saw the death-eaters and Voldemort walking towards them.

"NO!" Professor McGonagall called out as she caught sight of Harry's dead body in Hagrid's arms.

Eliza filled up with despair once more, her hand tightening around Oliver's, "He can't be dead!" She whispered, "He can't be!"

Voldemort was stood in front of the Death-Eaters, stroking his snake's head.

"No!" Hermione yelled.

"No!" Ron shouted.

"Harry! HARRY!" Ginny screamed out in pain.

Everyone in the crowd of survivors then began to shout loudly at the death of their friend.

Eliza's eyes scanned across the lines of Death-Eaters and stopped abruptly as she saw the three Dawlishs'. Her father stood proud looking, his chest was pumped out, and a small smirk played upon his lips - it was clear he had not been involved in that much fighting. Her mother's hair had been ruined slightly and she appeared slightly dazed, her eyes darted through the crowd until they rested upon Eliza and she seemed to relax. Her brother was the most changed, he had dirt all over his face and he looked scared even if Voldemort was close to winning. It took everything in her not to run over to him and tell him to run, to leave, to escape.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort said as he strode backwards towards Harry's body, "Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" Ron yelled, and then they were all shouting again.

"He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds, killed while trying to save himself!"