Chapter Nine - Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff

Rain fell down around her, her hair hair becoming more and more wet with each droplet. A cold shiver ran down her back as she flew in closer to catch the quaffle. Oliver had been working the team even harder since he came back from Christmas. After the snow left, rain replaced it but even that couldn't make Oliver less determined. He had turned into even more of a fanatic. Eliza agreed with him to some extent, if they were to beat Hufflepuff then Gryffindor would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years.

Today, it was extremely wet and muddy and of course the twins were messing around. They kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.

"Will you stop messing around!" Oliver yelled causing everyone to stare at him. "That's exactly the sort of thing that will lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

At this, George actually did fall to the ground. "Snape's refereeing?" He said through a mouthful of mud. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin!"

Eliza flew down and jumped off and was joined by the rest of the team, all ready to complain. "It's not my fault." Oliver said to them. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us!"

"Like that'll stop him."  Eliza muttered before jumping back onto her broom and grabbing the quaffle. "Come on then, Oliver!" She yelled at him.

He laughed before flying up in front of the goalposts. "Come on then, Eliza."

Her eyes narrowed as she started to fly around the pitch, everyone watching them. And then at a quick speed she flew towards him before going up just before she was about to hit Oliver and she threw the quaffle through the hoop. "Whooo, am I brilliant or what?" She screamed loudly.

"How did you do that?" Oliver yelled back, looking impressed.

"I always train at home." Eliza shrugged her shoulders as she joined the rest of the team as they made their way back into the changing room.

Eliza sat down beside Angelina. "Why are you so good?" She whined.

"You're just as good as I am, if not better!" Eliza pointed out.

"Haha, yeah, whatever." Angelina replied while jokingly pushing her.

"Hey! Stop being so mean!"

"I am not mean."

Alicia defended Eliza. "You so are, Ang."

"My two friends hate me." Angelina pretended to cry. "I thought we best friends."

Eliza mocked her. "I thought we were friends too but then you went and pushed me."

Before she could reply, the twins joined them. "You were amazing Za."

"How did you even learn to score like that?" George asked her.

"I just practice a lot at home, that's all."

"Well, we're going to need you to play like that during the match!" A scottish voice said from behind them.

"I'll do my best." Eliza replied.

"That's all you can do!" Oliver said as he sat down.

Fred and George stared at him. "That's not even fair! If anyone else said that you would say that wasn't good enough."

"That we would have to do it! But nooo! Because it's Eliza, you just stare at her lovingly."

"All you can do is your best!" Oliver tried to defend himself.