Chapter Forty-Four - Something new

Staring forward Eliza tried to ignore the screams in her head. It was all she could think about, her aunts death, her fathers betrayal, her agony. Questions flooded her brain, why had her father betrayed his sister, why was she there witnessing her death, why hadn't her father stopped Voldemort or even comforted her child? She wanted to know, she wanted answers. Evelyn Dawlish had loved and cared for Eliza in her first few years of life, and now there was nothing but the memory of her. Why hadn't her father told her of Evelyn and why did the screams haunt everything she did. Footsteps were heard beside her and she quickly turned her head to see Oliver walking over towards her, "You should eat something."

"I don't have any food." Eliza told him while looking forward until a red apple was placed in front of her eyes, "What? Why?"

"I knew you would say that, so I got something for you. It's only something small but at least it's something." Oliver smiled at her to which she repeated.

"Thank you, Ol." She told him as she bit into the apple.

"I saw Cedric today." Oliver told her, "He looks terrible. He went up to the twins and asked how you were, they said you were good. He looked as though he was going to cry. It's clear he's really missing you. How have you been?"

"I've been fine when it comes to him, honestly. I suppose I'm more upset over the fact I am not upset over the breakup. We were going out for so long and I don't care. It's a relief not to be with him. But that's not the reason I am out here." Eliza admitted, "I keep hearing my aunts screams, I can't stop hearing it." 

Oliver wrapped his arm around her, "She's not in pain anymore El."

"I know, it's just I keep hearing it and it hurts to know it was my father who betrayed her. I knew he wasn't a good person but to betray your own sister. He is even worse than what I had originally thought."

"I'm sorry El, I'm so sorry." Oliver held her closer to him, "I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better."

"Just you being here makes me feel better." Eliza told him and she could feel Oliver smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm glad we're finally talking."

"That's not my fault, you were the one who stopped talking to me!" Eliza said while giggling.

"Well, I'm sorry." Oliver whispered to her, "It's been horrible." 

"Especially when you called me Dawlish during a match last year." The two stared forward, neither talking until Eliza asked, "Why haven't you spoken to me in ages?"

Oliver smiled nervously, "Because you told me to cut all contact with the girl I like." Eliza's mouth opened slightly out of surprise. "Why did you break up with Cedric?"

Eliza played with the hem of his shirt, "Because I wasn't in love with him."

"Do you like anyone else?" Oliver asked her.

She stared forward and slowly placed his hand in hers and then the two sat together in each others arms, neither saying a word but both being irrevocably happy.