Chapter Seventy-One - 'He got off'

Running down the stairs, Eliza grinned as she saw Harry stood in the Kitchen. "I knew it!" Ron yelled as he punched the air, "You always get away with stuff!"

"They were bound to clear you," Hermione said, "There was no case against you, none at all."

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering you all knew I'd get off." Harry smiled before looking over at Mrs Weasley who was wiping her face with her apron and the twins who were dancing around the kitchen.

"He got off, he got off, he got off."  Fred and George chanted loudly.

"That's enough! Settle down!" Mrs Weasley shouted, "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry."

"What?" Sirius asked him sharply. 

"He got off, he got off, he got off." Eliza laughed loudly as she watched the twins and Ginny dance around.

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on Level Nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely."

"We'll tell him, don't worry."

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet waiting for me in Bethnal Green. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner."

"He got off, he got off, he got off." They continued to shout.

"That's enough - Fred - George - Ginny!" Mrs Weasley told them sharply,  "Harry, dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast."

Eliza sat down and began to eat the food quickly, "Gosh this is lovely." But no one paid any attention as the twins and Ginny were all singing still and the other three were talking quietly among themselves. 

"I bet Dumbledore turns up this evening, to celebrate with us, you know." Ron shouted happily.

"I don't think he'll be able to, Ron." Mrs Weasley said as she placed some food onto the table, "He's really busy at the moment."

"HE GOT OFF, HE GOT OFF, HE GOT OFF." 

"SHUT UP!" Mrs Weasley screamed at the top of her voice. 

The twins burst into her room, "Our book-lists have arrived, have you looked at yours?"

"Yeah, we've got a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." 

They stared at her, "Who do you think it is?"

Eliza shrugged, "I don't know,"

"Come on, let's go and see the three young ones."

The three apparated into Harry and Ron's room, "We were just wondering who set the Slinkhard book."

"Because it means Dumbledore's found a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." George continued.

"And about time too." Eliza added.

 "What do you mean?" Harry asked them curiously.  

"Well, we overheard Mum and Dad talking on the Extendable Ears a few weeks back," Fred informed Harry, "And from what they were saying, Dumbledore was having real trouble finding anyone to do the job this year."

"Not surprising, is it, when you look at what's happened to the last four?" said George. "One sacked, one dead, one's memory removed and one locked in a trunk for nine months." 

"Yeah, I see what you mean."

"What's up with you, Ron?" Fred asked his younger brother. 

Eliza looked over and saw that the boy was stood looking confused about what he had just read, "What's the matter?" Eliza asked him as Fred and her walked over so they could see his letter.