Chapter Seventy-Eight - Quidditch Match

As her first Quidditch match of the season as Captain neared, Eliza insisted on having a Quidditch Practice basically everyday. She was determined to beat Slytherin. There was a lot of excitement surrounding the match as everyone was looking forward to the first match in over a year. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were looking forward to seeing what the other two teams were like, whilst the Heads of house were determined to see their side victorious.

Once she had finished her breakfast, she along with Alicia and Angelina began to make their way out of the hall, when she passed Harry she said to him and Ron, "When you're ready," She glanced over at Ron who was a sickly colour, "We're going to go straight down to the pitch, check out conditions and change."

"We'll be there in a bit." Harry replied, "Ron's just got to have some breakfast."

When they arrived at the pitch she noticed how frosty the ground was, luckily there was no wind and the sky was white which meant they would be able to see clearly. They then went into the Gryffindor changing rooms and changed into the uniform, "I feel so nervous!" Alicia muttered, "I feel as though I'm going be sick!"

"You'll be fine Alicia!" Eliza said to her, "You'll be great!"

"Let's hope I don't get another bloody nosebleed." She shook her head, "I'm turning into Oliver with the Bludgers."

"Okay, I've only just found out the final line-up for Slytherin," Eliza said to the team once everyone had finished getting ready, "Last year's Beaters, Derrick and Bole, have left, but it looks as though Montague's replaced them with the usual gorillas, rather than anyone who can fly particularly well. They are two blokes called Crabbe and Goyle, I don't know much about them - " Eliza only knew that they were Malfoy's goons.

"We do." Both Harry and Ron said together.

"Well, they don't look bright enough to tell one end of a broom from the other," Eliza replied, "But then I was always surprised Derrick and Bole managed to find their way on to the pitch without signposts."

"Crabbe and Goyle are in the same mould," Harry assured her.

They could hear hundreds of footsteps making their way down to the spectators' stands, some were even singing but Eliza made sure to tune them out - just in case they were Slytherins.

After a couple of minutes, she looked down at her watch and realised it was time for them to leave, "It's time," She glanced around at her team, "Come on everyone - good luck." They then all rose, fetched their brooms and marched single file out of the changing room and onto the pitch. They were met with a roar of sound, it was good to hear all the cheering.

"Captains shake hands!" Hooch said to them and Eliza looked over at the new Captain for Slytherin, Montague was very big and liked to intimidate his opposition. When they shook hands he squeezed her own very tightly, all Eliza did though was raise her eyebrow. "Mount your brooms." Everyone mounted their brooms and Hooch then blew her whistle. All the balls were released and the fourteen players shot into the air.

"And it's Johnson - Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me - "

"JORDAN!" yelled Professor McGonagall loudly.

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest - and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's - ouch - been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe. Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and - nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Eliza Dawlish, Eliza Dawlish of Gryffindor reverse-passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away - dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger - close call, Alicia - and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?"