Epilogue

Niall's POV

I've always said life is a funny thing. Things change in the blink of an eye. If you don't watch closely then you might miss it all.

Six years had passed since Zayn retired form boxing and I swear a million things had changed for our family. It grew to welcome three more dogs; Muhammad, Apollo and Taffy. The last one was named by Eden because she couldn't name her little brother Taffy. Eli Robert Malik was born two years after Zayn's final fight and I think that's what we both needed to truly move on from everything that had been our normal. His light brown eyes and hair showed that he was different from the others. He was also definitely the last child we would have because he was even more trouble than Ethan was. He was trouble since the day we was born because he wanted to be born feet first. He was spoiled rotten by all of us, but Eden knew she was the princess of our house.

Even though Zayn was done boxing, that didn't mean that boxing was removed from our house all together. Ezra had qualified for the Olympic boxing team after he turned sixteen. The UFC was already looking at accepting him, which scared the life out of me because he would actually be fighting professional at sixteen. I'll have to say though, I was proud of my son and who he was becoming. He's an amazing big brother, he's the best son I could ask for and I was actually happy that he had such a great relationship with his boyfriend Alex. Zayn was glad that he got to train his son along side Harry. It helped him through dark times that none of us will ever want to relive.

I'd be lying if I said it was easy for Zayn to stop boxing. He would spend days in bed not wanting to do anything on his bad days. He lost half his identity when he didn't have boxing to fall back on. I understood that having children wasn't all that made him feel complete. I understood that even more when he attempted suicide. He got proper help after, but I know that Ethan will always hold his father as little closer after how he found him. Zayn did get past that dark part in his life and keeps fighting to take everyday in as if it were precious. He couldn't give up that easily because after all, he will always be The Fighter.

"Dad, Uncle Harry and Uncle Louis are here for dinner." Ethan came into the kitchen to tell me. They had adopted twins, a boy and a girl, two years ago and we're loving parenthood. I loved seeing them finally get the family they wanted for so long.

"You're both late." I chuckled to both of them as I went into the dining room. Harry and Louis came over to me and gave me a hug before getting their kids settled down at the little kids table Eden and Eli were already sitting at. Ezra brought in the bread from the kitchen while Ethan took a seat right next to Zayn. Zayn smiled at me then looked to the empty chair that belonged to the only person other than me that was able to get through to Zayn's stubborn self.

"I hope dinner didn't start without me." Mark yelled as he walked into our home. Eli and Eden were up and running to their grandpa in second of hearing his voice. I smiled at them and took my seat next to my husband. He reached over and gave me hand a squeeze.

"I love our family and I kind of love you." Zayn whispered to me. I smiled at him and leaned over to kiss the light scar he had on his cheek. Looking in his eyes, you would never guess anything changed from the day two twenty-two year olds bumped into each other at an old drugstore in Bradford. That's why I say time is funny. Some things change faster than you realize and others...

"I kind of love you too."

Well others seem to stay the same like time never even existed.

A/N: I'm so happy with this! Thank you all again for the support on this book and for just going with it when I said I was going to do a sequel to The Fighter.

If you like my work and writing style, I have a new book up called Addict. It's going to be good! Haha I may be biased though ;) anyway! I hope I see you guys with me in my next book! The prologue is up! Love you! Comment/Vote!
-Bri ;)