Chapter 6

Zayn's POV

Once the boys and I got to their school, I walked in with both of them. Ethan seemed pretty proud to have me walking in with him to school rather then me just dropping them off. Ezra kept looking around for something or someone, but I figured he was embarrassed to have me here. Well, I wasn't too sure about that because he did ask me to teach this lessen in the first place

"I need to go to the office and get the visitors badge. Are you boys fine to go to your classes from here?" I asked them. Ezra nodded and mumbled that he'd see me soon while Ethan latched on to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and kissed his head before he and his big brother walked down the hall together and got lost in the crowd of young boys in their school uniforms. I smiled a little and wondered if Ethan was more like Niall than we knew. He wasn't like the other boys and all of his teachers have always told Niall and I that. We knew he was hyper, but he was also a kind hearted boy. He was too sweet for this world, just like Niall.

I shook the thoughts from my head and turned to walk to the office that was only a few doors down the hall. When I got there, there was a lady at the front desk that was already talking to an older man that was dressed in some workout clothes as well. I stepped forward so I was noticed, but not really intruding in their conversation. But that only made them stop talking and just stare at me like I had grown five heads.

"Oh my... You're The Fighter." The older man said in shock. I shrugged and looked down at my feet for a second. People call me that more often than they call me by my real name. I don't mind because that's what I am, but I just thought that maybe at my son's private school they would act like I was just a regular parent.

"I came to help teach the boxing unit?" I asked the man as if I were asking for his permission, also looking to the shocked receptionist lady. My fingers nervously played with the strings from the backpack I was wearing that had my gloves in there. She nodded and handed me a paper to fill out. I took the paper and begin to fill out the questions it was asking me, like why I was here, if I had any children at this school and what my occupation was. On that one, I was tempted to say I knocked people out for a living, but I really wanted to do this for my son so I just put down I was a professional boxer and gave the paper back to the lady.

"You're son is Ezra Malik, correct?" The older man asked me. He was looking at me like he was trying to pick out where Ezra and I look the same. Honestly, he resembled me in some ways, but he favored Niall. Especially his nose and I love that about them.

"That's right. Do you also teach the third years? I have another son Ethan there." I asked him, trying to make conversation as the lady looked over my papers and made me a visitors badge thing.

"I only teach years four and five. Ezra is a quiet lad. He's really great to have in my class. I think the first time I heard him talk at all this year was when he asked me if you coudk come in to help teach this lesson. He's a great kid. I'm Mr.Bustamante, by the way." He said, reaching his hand out. I shook it and gave him a smile before I was being handed my badge.

I followed the gym teacher through the halls of the school that I've only been in once this school year for the open house. I don't think I'll ever get over how fancy and rich this place is. I know what the tuition check looks like and looking at this school, I know exactly why it's soon much. The only time I was in school back in Bradford, I was always getting in trouble for fighting if they happened to catch me doing it. I mostly didn't go after I turned fourteen then fully dropped out soon after. We both turned the corner to the gymnasium where there were at least fifteen standing punching bags set up and probably thirty boxing gloves on the gym floor to choose from. I set my backpack down near the bleachers and sat down to get those on. I took off my wedding ring and slipped in in the special case then put it in the small bag I have for it. As much as I would love to keep it on all the time, that thing would probably cut my finger off in one punch. At least I still have a tattoo of it on that finger, so even if I'm not wearing it, I still have it on me in a different way. I put some tape around my knuckles then slid on my gloves that I use for training when I'm at home. These ones are more flexible and definitely more worn out than the ones I keep at my gym.