Chapter 30

Niall's POV

Zayn and I were just leaving the hospital after visiting Harry, and we were very happy. Harry had been able to say a few words and he was able to pick up some stuff with his hands. The only problem was that he was so weak after going so long without doing anything but sleep. Louis was happy to see that Harry was doing better and the doctors all said that they expected him to make a full recovery. That was probably the best thing that all of us could have been told since Harry was put in the hospital.

"Let's pick up lunch for the boys." Zayn said once we got to our car. The paparazzi seemed to be backing off more now that Harry's family said that he was awake and he was okay. I guess in a sick way the world is more interested in tragedy than they are when there's not. I got in the car and waited for Zayn to start it. Instead he just looked over at me and smiled. We stayed looking at each other until I broke out laughing because I didn't know what was wrong with him.

"I love you." Zayn chuckled then started the car. Him being in love with me was something that could be considered a problem. I just didn't want to bring it up because I enjoyed that he loved me. His hand came over and rested on my thigh, giving it a soft squeeze as he drove. I listened to the music that was on the radio and rested my head back on the seat.

"You okay, babe?" Zayn asked me. I turned to look at him and gave him a nod. His hand rubbed my thigh softly as we pulled into the parking lot of a Subway restaurant. We got out and went inside. The young boy working there looked like he forgot to breathe. Zayn ended up taking a picture with him before we got what sandwiches we wanted. I ordered what the boys would want and Zayn got what Mark would like because he was watching the boys right now. While we were waiting, Zayn's hand slid into my back pocket and he gave my bum a squeeze. I turned into him as I giggled. He kissed my forehead and just left his mouth there for a bit. He got his wallet out and payed for the food while I reached to get the bags off the counter.

When we got home with lunch, the boys pretty much attacked us at the door for their food. Zayn ended up carrying Ethan in because he's a cuddly little boy and needed his dad to hold him. I know the doctors have told Zayn and I that both our boys were on the petite side, Ethan in particular, but I never really believe it until I see Zayn picking up the boys like they weigh nothing. I got inside and went straight to the refrigerator to look for something I had been wanting. I got out the jar of hot pickled peppers that Zayn always kept around the house because he liked them. I opened the jar and ate one, moaning at how good it tasted right know.

"If I didn't know you better, I would have thought something dirty." Mark came into the kitchen telling me. I turned around and smiled at him as I ate another paper. Zayn walked in the kitchen next, sharing a look with Mark like this was the weirdest thing they had seen. I continued on to get the boys sitting at the kitchen table to eat and got my own food.

"I guess I don't know you." Mark mumbled, no doubt commenting on the fact I was eating something I've complained about multiple times. Zayn loved his spicy food and he loved to add some heat to it too, where I didn't. Obviously it's because of the culture we were both raised in, but right now these hot peppers just sounded really good. Mark came to sit down next to me, getting his sandwich out. Ethan and Ezra were talking about the new tricks they were trying to teach Rocky.

"When can we see Uncle Harry? You said he was feeling better and we could go see him." Ezra asked. Mark gave Zayn a look that I couldn't really read before he cleared his throat.

"He still has more recovering to do before you two can see him. We'll all take you very soon though." Mark told him. Zayn shrugged and continued to eat while Ezra looked like he really wanted a better answer than that. Ethan got up from the table and came over to sit on my lap. I wasn't sure what that was about, but I let it slide. We all continued to eat out food and make small talk. I couldn't help but kiss the back of Ethan's head every time he said something funny. I don't know why, but I'm still amazed that he's as amazing as he his. He's humorous and caring all at the same time and it's amazing to me.