Chapter 29

Zayn's POV

Harry had been transfered to the hospital in Cheshire about two weeks after the fight. He was in and out of consciousness, but that was expected because he wasn't actually in a coma, the doctors were putting him in one to save him from the pain he would have been in. Louis never left his husbands side. We all were beginning to force him to eat and drink. Some nights I would stay and he would curl up on my lap to finally sleep. The media didn't seem to need sleep at all, making them a different story.

Everyone was still talking about the whole fight. Liam had commented that he didn't mean for things to get that far and he was wishing Harry well. I knew that was the truth, but that still didn't change my mind about what I was going to do. The whole world was a mess over worrying about Harry. Everywhere there were pictures of Harry, but it didn't stop there. Where ever my family or his family were, there was a camera shoved in our faces to get more information. Ezra was out with Alex and his parents and got swarmed by paparazzi so badly that they couldn't get out. There were constantly people outside the hospital. We tried to give information out to the media that way people would leave us alone. It didn't work though, so we were all living a huge nightmare for the world to see.

"I need to go to the store today to get some stuff, do you need anything?" Niall asked me. I shook my head as I changed the television channels again. It was a rainy day so the boys were upstairs playing in their rooms while I was just lounging around after a good workout that Niall and I did. I enjoy running three miles on he treadmill with him talking to me and singing to the music we had playing in the background.

"I'll be back." Niall said, leaning over the back of the couch to kiss me. I pulled him over the back of the couch and deepened the kiss. Niall giggled and pushed up against me. I kissed him up then he pulled back to smile at me a little. Even with Harry being in the hospital and all the worry I had on my mind, Niall and I could still make each other happy.

"Get your pretty bum to the grocery store and come back with chocolate." I told him. He slapped my chest then kissed my lips a few times before getting up to leave. I walked him to the door and made sure he drove off okay.

I made my way upstairs to go check on the boys. They were both in Ezra's room laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling. I stood to the side and listened to the conversation that they were having.

"What if Uncle Harry never wakes up? Will Uncle Louis come live with us?" Ethan asked his big brother. Ezra moved his hand and got his little brothers hand in his.

"He will wake up. Daddy said he just needed to sleep to fix his head and he was going to wake up soon. You don't need to think things like that because they aren't true. Everything will go back to normal." Ezra assured his little brother. I moved so I was in the hallway resting against the wall so that they wouldn't see me and stop talking. I wanted to know what was going through their heads. Even if I talk openly to them about everything, I know they won't always talk openly to me because they won't always like the answer that I give them.

"Do you think that man will go hurt Uncle Harry anymore?" Ethan asked, sounding actually scared. I slid down the wall and sat with my knees up to my chest. I never wanted my kids to me scared of anything because I wanted them to know I was always going to protect them. They needed to know that I was going to be there for them.

"Boxing is a sport, Ethan. He wasn't actually hurting Uncle Harry just because he wanted to. Don't worry anymore, Baba will take care of it." Ezra said. In a way that didn't change anything about how I was feeling. It just added pressure on to me that I needed to fix this.

I got up and ran down the stairs to get my phone. My fingers dialed Mark's number faster than they ever had in my life. I paced back and forth in the entry way just waiting for him to answer. I wasn't sure if he was with Harry now at the hospital, but I figured he would answer if he saw I was calling. He finally picked up, but I didn't even give him time to say anything.