Chapter 9

Zayn's POV

"Harry, you have to pull up your left hand to block your body when you're hitting with your right! Drop and give me twenty." I said to Harry as I was trying to break his old habits, but they seemed to be more stubborn than even I was. Harry dropped and did his push ups before he got back to his feet. By now, both of us had been training for two hours. We were covered in sweat from head to toe, but he still wasn't doing what I wanted him to do.

"Do it again." I told him and his sparing partner. I was hanging on the side of the ropes to the ring while couching him. Well, before I was actually sparing with him, but I was getting frustrated to the point of nearly hitting him hard for real. I watched those two spare for a few minutes until I saw Harry mess up by letting his feet cross.  He caught it as well and dropped to the floor without me even yelling at him and begin to do his set of push-ups.

"I'll take over while you go pick up the boys." Mark came up behind me and said. I looked and him and huffed while I nodded. He wrapped his big arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"I love you, son. Just thought you needed to know." Mark told me softly, kissing my cheek again. I snuggled into the man just a little longer because I was under so much pressure right now. I knew that everything I teach Harry is going to be his only way of survival in the ring with Johnson. At the moment, it felt good to have someone else hold me that knew how to take care of the situation for me. With Niall, I love when he holds me and makes me feel like I can be vulnerable, but I know he can't fix the problems I'm dealing with right now.

"I'll take it from here. Go get my grandsons, Zayn." He whispered. I mumbled a small 'thanks, Dad' into his chest, but I knew Mark wouldn't hear that at all or even understand. There's times that I want to call him Dad because that's really what he is to me, but I don't want to freak the man out in thinking some strange boxer just called him dad. Even if I know he looks at me as a son and my kids are his grandchildren, I'm afraid that if I call him what I want to, he'll leave just like the other father figure I had in my life. Not only will he leave, he'll hurt me in ways that I still have nightmares of.

I got to my phone and keys out of my gym bag then left the gym. As I drove to the boys school I thought of maybe doing something for Niall tonight just to make sure he's happy. I never really know what to do when he gets his time of the month. He's a wreck sometimes and others I just leave him alone for two days because I'm afraid of him. It's bad when a boxer is afraid of their hormonal husband. The only thing I do know how to do is give him his favorite vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate. Also cuddle him and try to do something to feed his sexual needs. I just worry that he's going to see that I'm an idiot one day and leave me because I don't know how to help him. But that thought left my mind immediately when I parked at the boys school and saw a text from Niall saying that his appointment went fine with a little heart and a smiley face. I wanted to ask him more about it, but I decided on waiting till we were in person. So I just said I was picking up the boys and I'd see him at five.

I got out of the car and walked over to where I normally wait for the boys to come out. I always get a few stares, but it's not as bad as it was when they first started to go to school here. Parents that didn't know that my rough appearance was because I'm a world champion boxer would actually ask me what I was doing here. Then they would see my loving boys and realize that I was just a parent. Now everyone is more relaxed, but that doesn't stop people from looking at me. I saw Ezra and his friends come out for the front school doors and Ethan pulled closely to his big brother. I noticed Ezra's free hand was holding his friend Alex's hand. I had to bite back a smile because Ezra looked about ready to punch anybody that wanted to comment on his actions while his blonde haired, brown eyed friend seemed like he couldn't be happier that his small hand was practically being crushed by my son's. To me, it knew that's how Niall and I looked to the rest of the world.