Chapter 38

Zayn's POV

My hand rest on Niall's lower back as we made our way into the hotel that the press release would be held to confirm my fight with Liam. Mark and Harry were walking ahead of us while a few security men were pushing back the reporters and paparazzi trying to get closer to us. Niall's very prominent pregnant belly was getting a lot of attention by the questions that were being fired at him, but he seemed to be ignoring it just fine. I was the one that felt like some animal that needed to protect him from all this.

I hated pulling Niall into this type of situation, especially when he's pregnant. It just made me feel like he was too fragile or at a strong disadvantage, only making my job to protect him that much harder. I knew we had a lot of security with us, people Mark had hired just for us that we all trusted with our lives. I guess I just didn't want anyone touching my Niall or my baby. I didn't even want anyone to look at him the wrong way, which at the moment he was getting tons of confused looks as well as looks no one, especially Niall, deserved.

"Mr.Malik, you can head back this way. We have a green room ready for you." Some man came over to tell me. My whole crew was escorted back to the place they had told me about. Niall laced his hand with mine, but his face remained straight.

I was helped with getting my hair done by some girl in the green room. Mark was telling me what to say and what not to say. Harry was busy feeling over Niall's belly because the baby got excited over the cold water he was drinking. We were all doing something, but I was mentally preparing myself to face Liam since his fight with Harry. Even Harry was just going to stay back here with Niall watching it on the telly instead of going out there. He was too scared to actually face him while I didn't want Niall in the same room as that man. Not only was I preparing to see him, I had to prepare to confirm this is my last fight I'll ever be doing in my boxing career. Rumor has it that this is Liam's last fight too. That means whoever wins will be the champion until they die because no one will ever will the title from them. That made Ezra get excited because the way he looked at it was when he's a professional boxer he can create his own title that's separate from mine. Kind of like making his own mark in the world despite him being my son. We kept that conversation between us at the gym because Niall wouldn't be happy that his son wanted to be a boxer even though we both know it was inevitable.

"Zayn, are you even listening to me?" Mark asked me. I shook my head honestly and looked at him to actually pay attention now. He chuckled at me and leaned against the counter that was right there.

"All I was getting at was to think before you let whatever you want to say fly out of your mouth. Choose each word carefully. When you get to confirming retirement, don't make it sound like if you win you'll quite so there's no other competition. You know why your retiring. Just don't let your words come out wrong." Mark told me. I nodded and stood from my seat to go over to my husband. I kissed his lips and rubbed his stomach before getting a water of my own.

Soon enough someone else came back on escorte Mark and I out to the ballroom that was filled with cameras and a long conference table to make this statement. We both took out seats then waited for Liam and his team to come out. I took a sip of the water that was sitting there and adjusted my suit a little.

"Need to buy a bigger suit? My training is getting you in shape." Mark whispered to me. I laughed quietly and nodded to him and pat my bicep that was a lot more built now than I had been months ago. I looked around the room at the hundreds of cameras in the room. I decided to have fun with it and stare into one of the cameras until the camera man looked uncomfortable. Mark bumped my shoulder and looked for me, giving me a look to behave. I laughed, but all laughing ended when the doors opened and Liam and his crew walked in.