Chapter 22

Niall's POV

Zayn's alarm clock went off at five in the morning and that's when my head begin to throb. I just stayed laying where I was as Zayn climbed out of bed. Even after he turned off the alarm, my head still hurt like someone was stabbing me and hitting me with a hammer at the same time. Normally I'm able to fall back asleep when Zayn gets up to go train, but this time sleep wasn't even an option because of how bad my head was hurting. I let out a soft whimper to get Zayn's attention and tried to move on my pillow to see my husband.

"Niall, I'm here. What's wrong?" Zayn whispered to me. I squinted my eyes open to see him in the dark room. He wasn't even dressed yet as he rested his hand on my forehead and shook his head with worry.

"Babe, you're burning up. I'm going to get you something for that. Just hang on." Zayn whispered to me. I didn't want him to leave me, but I just felt my head hurting too bad to tell him. I heard him rummaging through our bathroom before hearing the water start to run. He came back and gave me two Tylenol tablets and some water. I drank it as best as I could laying down then rest my head.

"Feel like shit." I whispered to him. He climbed back in bed with me and pulled me so I could be close to him. It felt nice for me because I felt cold even though Zayn told me I was hot. My stomach started to hurt a bit, but I figured it was just because of my head ache that it was acting weird also. As I tried to fall back asleep, my mind thought over dinner my dad had made us last night as a kind of send off because they were leaving today and it was their last night here. Him and Zayn had a barbecue, meaning a lot of red meat that I don't normally eat and chicken. Harry and Louis came over as well as Doniya and Mark. I tried a bit of everything, but I guess something made me sick. However, now that in thinking about it, yesterday day I was feeling a bit drained and days before that my nose had been running like crazy. I wanted to get mad that of course I got a cold or the flu now. I rarely ever get sick and now is when I did. Zayn needs me now to watch the boys while he gets ready for his fight. He can't do that while I'm sick.

"You have to train. Your fight is in less than a month. I'm just going to try going back to sleep. I'm okay." I told him. He shook his head and just held me tighter. I found myself too tired to even argue. My eyes felt sleepy as I guess the medicine was starting to work because my head wasn't pounding like it had been when I woke up. I just fell back asleep without even caring that Zayn shouldn't be here. His arms felt too good around me to ever tell to leave me. So I just slept.

"Niall... I made you some breakfast. Do you want to eat something?" I heard Zayn's voice break through the sleep I was getting. I opened my eyes in the dim lit room. I felt better other than my stomach hurting and my body feeling really tired. I looked over at the clock and saw it was already nine o'clock. I sat up slowly and Zayn propped up a pillow behind me. He handed me a glass of water and a hot bowl of oatmeal. Even with my stomach hurting, I was still hungry. It wasn't hurting, more like cramping.

"Thanks. Where are the boys and my mum and dad?" I asked, knowing the house was too quiet for there to be four other people that were here. Two of which don't have a volume button when they need one.

"They went out for breakfast together before they need to head to the airport. Your mum came in here to make sure you were okay then decided to just take the boys out so you could rest. How are you feeling?" Zayn asked me. I ate my own breakfast slowly and let the hot oatmeal work as a heat to sooth my stomach. Zayn fixed my hair, but the worried look in his eyes scared me. It's always scared me when he's worried. It's because he's the strongest person in the world and if he's not sure about sometimes then I don't know who is.

"I feel better. Just tired and my nose is stuffy. My stomach is aching a tad. Nothing too serious. Probably just a cold." I assured my husband. He didn't seem to take my answer even though it was the truth. I did feel better, I just felt like I needed another really long nap and more cuddles from my husband and I would be one hundred percent.