Chapter 14

Zayn's POV

"Protect your left eye, Harry! Keep your left hand hitting or keep it up!" I yelled at a very drowsy Harry as he sat in the corner of the ring. He was about to go into the sixth round of his fight with Andre Ward and he wasn't holding up too well. I wasn't sure if he was still jet lagged from flying from London to Australia or if he just wasn't performing his best because Louis decided to stay behind to plan more wedding stuff; the wedding was only two months away now so it was crunch time. He just wasn't acting the same in the ring, but I saw he was definitely trying to win. His eye had been hit multiple times and was nearly swollen shut. I wanted to cut him, but Harry said he could still see out of that eye and he didn't need it cut.

The bell rang and Harry hauled himself up. I threw water at him from the sponge I had, which made him shake it off like a dog or something. He went to the middle and started to bounce around to wake himself up. The round begin and out of nowhere Harry threw the hardest left handed punch I've ever seen. Ward stumbled back into the corner and Harry kept going at him as hard as he could. Mark yelled at Harry to go for the body and Harry listened. Watching Harry fighting so hard made me want to get in the ring myself. I turned away trying to change my thoughts and into the crowd behind me. I made eye contact with a younger man that had deep brown eyes and very light brown hair that was extremely curly. He was sitting very close, so I figured he must have been someone rich and famous here. He looked down in a bashful way, so I looked away to see Harry was actually taking control of the fight even if he had blood dripping down his face. He swung his right hand and knocked the other man to the floor. The crowd went completely insane because this was so unexpected. I jumped up and down then was pulled into Mark's arms as we both yelled at the other man to stay down. Harry backed up as Andre Ward unfortunately got up. He got lucky because just as he got up, the bell rang for the round to be over.

"I think I broke his nose." Harry panted to me after the medic took his mouth piece out. I smiled and gave him some water to spit and to drink. His eye was dripping blood now, but I quickly wiped it so the referee wouldn't come over here to end the fight.

"I need you to go back in and take charge of the ring. It's your fight, Harry. This is yours." I told him. Mark helped me out of the ring and rubbed my back as Harry got cleaned up more then was sent back into his seventh round. The tattoos on his body were glistening with the sweat that was covering his body. His short cropped hair was curling up because of the humidity that was in the stadium due to how many thousands of people that came to see this.

"He's got this one." Mark whispered to me. Harry got hit in his left eye, making a disgusting amount of blood splash from it. The crowed sounded shocked that something so gruesome could happen. The blood splattered on the floor and Harry stumbled back. I heard the groan that left his mouth as that same eye kept getting hit until Harry was back in the corner closest to us. Some blood splattered on to me and I had to walk away from the closeness because even that was too disgusting for me. I may be a father of two, seen both my children be born and I'm a boxer myself, but I'm still human.

I wiped the blood off me and took some deep breaths. Mark was still yelling at Harry to protect himself while I looked up again to the crowed of people. I felt a camera on me, but I didn't look at it. I just looked at that young man again who was looking at me instead of the fight. This time he smiled a little. I nodded to him then turned around again because I was no longer feeling so queasy. Just as I turned, Harry threw a nasty punch once he found his his pocket to the guys nose that did look broken.

"Again!" I screamed because that was all that needed to happen for this to end. Harry let three more straight punches to the nose fly before the other man was on the floor. The referee ran to see if he was okay, but the man tapped out before the countdown was even done. Harry raised his hands and yelled out excitedly. Paramedics came to check the man out. Mark and I ran into the ring and attacked Harry in hugs. His eye was bloody and the left side of his face was covered in blood. He jumped into my arms and hid his face into my neck.