Chapter 45

Zayn's POV

The second the bell rang, I was out of my corner and going towards Liam. He seemed to have the same idea for me, but I dodged his heavy swing right out of the start. I threw a big hit to his stomach and backed off. I knew it wasn't time for that yet because I saw the way Liam was standing and blocking himself. Just off of that I knew this would be a long fight.

We circled the ring just watching each other until I just stood where I was. My gloves were up and I was on my toes ready to move if I needed to. Liam came forward to me and swung, but I once again dodged it. This time I threw a fake hit with my left and when he leaned to his right to dodge it, I hit him as hard as I could. That's when I let my body do what it knows how to do. Liam hit me a few times, but it only stung before we both backed off each other. The bell rang again, signalling the first round was over and it was probably the most boring round of boxing ever witnessed. Neither of us were even hurt, but the hate that was going between us in electric waves only showed that there was so much more to come.

"Zayn, when you have him in your hitting range you don't need to hold back. He's ready for it and so are you. You've trained with endurance and stamina. You can let loose now because he's probably not going to be able to last as long as you can." Mark told me as Harry took out my mouth guard. Louis gave me water and squirt some on me as well.

"Get out there and fight like you fucking mean it. Show him what he wanted." Mark told me just as the bell rang. I looked at Harry, but saw his eyes were focused on Liam and full of fear. That made my blood boil.

I've never wanted anyone that I cared about to be afraid. When I was back in Bradford and those gang members were trying to get to Niall and he ran into me, I hated seeing the fear in his eyes. I knew I needed to do all I could to fix that. Now was no different. Harry ment a lot to me. He was my brother and all I knew was I never wanted to see him scared of anything.

I turned to Liam and let my fist fly as hard as I could. His cheek cut open and started bleeding. I only faintly heard the crowed grow wild at that. I made Liam chase me so he could even try to get a hit on me. He bearly even punched my stomach while I was beating up his left cheek that was bleeding. He didn't even flinch as I tried to hurt him more than he was.

I made a mistake as I was going after him. I didn't have any of my left defence up so Liam swung hard. My left ear was ringing and I didn't know what I was even doing anymore. I just felt my back hit the ropes of the ring and Liam continue to hit my face and my sides. I put my gloves up, but I was beyond confused about what I was supposed to do.

"Hit him, Zayn!" I heard Niall scream so I went with what he said and started using my right fist to get him back. My aim was extremely off, but I got his nose in one of those hits and got it to bleed. I hit it with my left hand, making his hot blood splattered on to my face. He started trying to hit the left side of my face again, but I got enough wits to dodge him and run for my life to the other end of the ring. He came after me, but I just threw another sloppy hit to his nose and waited for him to come back at me. He tried to, but his hits were too far from me. He couldn't get close enough to me so we both just took turns throwing misses because something happened that got us both off our game.

I went to my corner after the second round and just sat there looking straight at Liam. Louis started cleaning me up, but I didn't even move. Mark was talking to me, but I tuned it out. Harry was trying to get me to focus on something, but the only thing I was focusing on was Liam Payne across the ring from me. He had an egotistical smirk on his face as he realized I was looking at him. That only made me want to knock him out even more.

However, knocking him out didn't come easily at all. We both took turned beating each other bloody, black and blue for eight more rounds. I wasn't feeling pain anymore. I was feeling beyond pissed off that Liam hadn't even hit the floor yet. I took more of my anger out on one of his eyes. It was dripping blood and swelling up. I felt like I was holding my own injury wise, but Louis was showing me differently. He would wipe off amounts of blood from my cheek that I had never seen before. The thing was, I couldn't feel if I was hurt. I was shaking with anger and adrenaline.