Chapter 27

Zayn's POV

It was nine at night by the time we got to London the next day. Mark had driven us while Niall talked to him in the front seat. I fell asleep halfway through the drive, but by the time I woke up I had lost track of what they were even talking about. Louis and Harry were driving in their own car, Harry's family was with them as well. Once the car was parked, I got all the bags out and kissed Niall a few times just because I hadn't kissed him in a few hours.

"Zayn, the press conference is going to be at seven in the morning. Wake up time is going to be five thirty." Mark told me as we all checked into our room. Niall groaned and slammed his head down into my arm. I kissed his head while Harry's parents laughed at him. They were just walking into the hotel with their stuff, but they must have heard what was going on.

"Not an early riser, are you, Niall?" Harry's step-dad asked my husband. He shook his head and drug his feet over to the older man. He was immediately hugged by him, making me realize that Niall constantly needed to have someone to cuddle him.

"I'm okay waking up early, just not five in the morning early." Niall confirmed then got the room key from me. He ran away to the elevators and started pressing the button multiple times. I got our bags and said goodnight to everyone before following my husband. Niall kissed my cheek when we were alone in the elevator. I know I probably looked like a proper mess because I had just been sleeping in a car for a long time. I was probably sweaty and gross, but I still didn't want to get in a shower because I just wanted to fall asleep.

We got to our hotel room that was more of a suite that a room. It had a nice window that looked out to the streets of London. I put our bags in the bedroom while Niall looked around the small kitchenette area. He laughed when he found a bottle of red wine in the refrigerator with our last name on it. He also found fruit in the drawer of the refrigerator. He got an apple out and threw it at me before running into the bedroom. I ran after him and ended up tackling him to the bed. He laughed as I tickled him then I stopped so he could catch his breath. We just smiled at each other like nothing in the world mattered. It was nice that we could do that now.

"I need to shower. I feel gross." Niall told me, rolling out from under me. I plopped back on the bed and got the remote to turn on the sports channel to see how people were acting towards the fight that's tomorrow night. Niall got his stuff from his bag and went into the bathroom. A few minutes later I heard the shower turn on. On the channel I was on, they were showing Liam Payne with his best fights of his career. They showed our fight and showed the errors he had made that I caught. Then they compared it to his recent fight and you could see he fixed it. But for me, my eyes caught his new fault and that was protecting his midsection. Even if us boxers are covered in muscle there, that's one of the places that hurt the most. I'm not sure why, that's a question for Louis, but it hurts more than getting hit in the head. I've always thought because you get hit in the face and it feel like a shock then it's over. In the stomach, it's a dull throb with each hit and it's harder to block those hits. I text Harry that he needed to make those hits tomorrow and he text me back that we would work on them during the small practice session we would have.

"What did you and Mark talk about while I was asleep?" I asked loudly once the shower had been turn off. I was still watching the show, but now it was showing Harry's fights and his errors and changes. I already knew those.

"We talked about you and how you're a big, ugly baby." Niall said back. I smiled and felt proud that Niall wanted to be sassy with me. Sometimes he's very gentle and I'm not so that mixes in a weird way. Other times, he can be as sassy as he wants to be and that always adds fire to our relationship.

"We actually talked about this lady my mum knows that's single. He's thinking of dating now that his little boy seems to be all grown up. We also talked about that. Call him Dad all the time. It makes him happy." Niall said back. I rolled my eyes and felt a bit protective that Mark wanted to date again. I didn't want him getting his heart broken. I also didn't want him to find some lady and forget about me.