Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

"I don't get it. Mark let you fight numerous fights then a pro fight with the best. My coach doesn't even want me to think of a professional fight that's near the level you're at." Harry told me as we both took turns lifting weights. He had been a pouting mess the past three hours we had been working out at the gym he has at his house because he wants to put the offer up to fight bigger fights than what he's been doing. Honestly, I think he's been doing amazing fights and his skill level has improved so much that I'm afraid if he wants to go for a rematch with me. But for Harry, he wants bigger than the beginning pro fighters. He wants the ones at the top. Even though he won't admit to it, I know he wants to fight Liam Payne.

"Mark and I both knew what I was ready for. It was also the fact I had two brain cells left to think with and both of those were used for Niall and Ezra. Me choosing to go pro was a decision I was forced to make. You have the luxury of time and a gradual climb to get there. I peaked nine years ago and now I'm just some guy that people don't think owns a shirt because all my pictures are shirtless." I said as I stood up from the bench press I had been doing. Harry took my place while I took his in spotting him just incase he couldn't lift the one hundred and eighty pounds I had lifted.

"I think he's scared that I'll loose and no one will take me seriously. The thing is, I don't care if I win or loose. I want to be challenged again." Harry said before his got the bar and begin to lift it. I spot him as he did his twenty reps then helped him remount the bar again. He sat up and turned to look at me with his green eyes begging me to fix things for him.

"Look, I think just a few more fights and a few more months of training then you can get what you want. I can help set a fight up and get a good purse going that might motivate your old guy, but chances are he's not stupid enough to take the bait. That's about all I can do." I said then went to get different weights to work on different parts on my arms. Harry got a medicine ball and got on the floor to start doing some crunches with that.

"Do you have a date for the wedding yet?" I asked him with a cheeky smirk. He laughed at me because that was becoming something both Niall and I had been asking him and Louis for the past eight years now.

"Actually, we do. We set it for the day you move to Antarctica all alone and we can both adopt your kids and your Niall." Harry told me in the obnoxious way he says things that he knows will bother me. I moved forward to kick the ball out of his hands then went back to my hand weights.

"I'd have to be dead for you to ever have my kids or husband. Even then, you would be the last person on the list that would get them." I joked right back. He just sat on the floor laughing at me. Our friendship has changed a lot over the years. It's become something so strong that we know the other will always be there in a second if we need anything. We also know that we can have a nice banter about something and when things might get too far. We share everything about our lives with each other down to the smallest detail like how he loves the tattoo Louis got on his arse and how I secretly want to take a week vacation with Niall to never even leave the hotel room. We relate so well with each other because our lives came into the public eye with each other. Nothing we tell anyone is a secret and no information is ever really that safe. You can never trust who your real friends are, but we know everything we share is only between us. So we talk to each other about things we feel we need to share with a friend rather than anyone else around us. I guess you could say he's no longer just my best friend, he's my bother.

"All joking aside, Louis said that he wanted to get married on June 17th because that was the day I told him I loved him for the first time. I think that's a pretty good date, so we agreed on that. That gives us five months to get ready for the wedding. Neither of us want a big wedding, just family really. Lou said he was going to work on the invitation list with Niall today and get them mailed out by the end of this week." I smiled at Harry and saw him start getting a little shy like he was thinking about so much more. I set down my weights and walked around to uncramp my muscles then saw Harry clumsily get to his feet and walk over to sit on the bench.