Chapter 8

Niall's POV

The next morning after Zayn told me that Harry was going to fight a pro fight was just like any other morning other than the fact Zayn stayed in bed just a little longer than I did because his head was hurting from getting punched by Harry a few times. I got the boys their breakfast ready and made sure they had their school uniforms on properly. Ezra seemed quieter this morning, but any time Ethan would leave the room he would look at me like he had something to say.

"Ezra, have you had enough?" I asked him when I saw him watching me intently as I ate my own breakfast. He nodded then begin to play with his school tie. Ethan finished his toast and got up to put his plate in the sink. He came over and jumped on my lap for a bit so I could give him his cuddles that he's always asking for from both Zayn and I.

"Go brush your teeth, baby. Don't forget to floss." I told him, kissing his cheeks a few times. He got off my lap and ran up the stairs. I got up to take my plate to the sink and to rinse them off to place them in the dishwasher.

"Is dad going to do another fight?" Ezra asked me in the silence that was in the kitchen. I turned around to look at my son and I swear I turned around to just look at his father. There was something in his eyes that didn't make them look like mine. They were the same soft color mine were, but they had an edge to them that I only really noticed now that belonged to Zayn.

"He's retired from boxing. His last fight was when you were six and that's when he realized he was done. Now he's just going to help Uncle Harry get ready for his fight." I said to my son. He stood up to take his plate to the sink before just looking down in the sink like he had more to say. I ran my fingers through his thick black hair as a way to encourage his to say what he needed to.

"I think I want to try... Never mind. I need to brush my teeth." Ezra told me then ran out of the kitchen faster than I could stop him so we could have a better conversation about what he wanted to try. There are so many things boys his age would want to try. I know at his age I tried my mum's bra on and make up. Zayn told me when he was Ezra's age he tried beer for the first time because some man off the street offered it to him. I don't mind him being open with me about anything. I want him to be, actually. Ethan is, and I just want the same for his big brother. However, he's his father's son and words are hard things.

The boys came back down the stairs as I was slipping on my shoes and getting the car keys to take then to school because obviously Zayn wasn't in any condition to be doing that right now. Ezra didn't even look at me as he walked out the door, but I didn't press him of any of what could have been going on with him. I just let Ethan grab my hand and pulled me to the car. The whole drive to school was full of Ethan and Ezra talking quietly about something while I listened to the music that was on the radio.

"It has finally been confirmed this morning that Harry Styles will be fighting Lucas Johnson again in the ring. If you all remember, Styles had fought Johnson years ago as his first professional fight. Now, we'll be seeing a rematch between the two in a month from today. All I know is that whoever wins will want to try for the title from Zayn Malik." The man on the radio said. I looked in the rear view mirror to see if the boys heard that, which they didn't because Ethan was too busy entertaining his brother. I let out a deep breath and hoped from Louis and Harry's sake that he will win that way those two won't have any more postponements for their wedding. At this point, I'm starting to question how much they love each other. That's none of my business through.

"Alright, boys. Help others and be kind to everyone. I love you. I'll pick you up after school." I told my son's as we got to the student drop off zone. They both got out of the car with their backpacks and a small smile as they waved to me and walked towards the building. I watched Ezra pull Ethan closer to him just before they walked in, making me smile because those two are the best brothers in this whole world.