Chapter 32

Niall's POV

"So there's a baby in your tummy right now?" Ethan asked me like he was trying to figure out exactly how this was working. I nodded and pat my three month belly that I was proud to have so far. Zayn and I waited to tell anyone else, especially the boys, about the baby. We just wanted to be sure everything was going to work out and be okay. Doniya said the baby was extremely healthy and I was feeling really good too so that must have been a good sign. Aside from the slight fatigue, I was feeling on top of the world. Everytime just seemed to be so amazing that I could only hope for things to stay that way.

"Ethan, we're going to have a baby brother or sister. Daddy is going to get an even bigger belly now." Ezra told his brother as his little hands touched over the tiny roundness of my stomach. I had lost so much weight after the miscarriage because I was so sad that I was showing to the extreme now. Unfortunately, that also had me on a strict healthy diet that would help me gain at least ten pounds to cushion my body for this baby. The only good thing was that I was showing already and I was happy about that because every day I could see my stomach getting bigger proving I had a healthy baby in me.

"Wait... I won't be the baby?" Ethan asked suddenly. I looked up at Zayn who was recording all this on his phone. He smiled like he wanted to laugh at the realization our son had.

"You'll always be my baby, but we're going to have another one now." I said softy. That only made Ethan's face crumble into tears. Ezra hid a small laugh at his little brother as I pulled him into my arms. I chuckled and kissed his black hair.

"I'm the baby!" He cried to me. I was expecting this, but I didn't know how to deal with it. He kind of thought his place in this household was to be spoiled rotten because he was the baby. He's been the baby for eight years now, this is a big change for him. He climbed on my lap and let me hold him. I laughed and so did Zayn. My laughing stopped when he placed his little hand on my stomach and pet it a little.

"I guess it could be okay. But it will never be as cute as me." Ethan said, popping off my lap and going upstairs. His tears had stopped so I knew he was okay. I also knew he was okay because he realized that he's still adorable and nothing was going to change that.

Ezra stayed sitting next to me like he was my guard dog now. Our actual dog was more relaxed than my son. Zayn came to sit next to me after he sent my dad the whole video of how he took the pregnancy. My parents were crazy about it and are actually planning a trip out here soon, but Zayn was kind of wishing they would stay in Ireland. I wrapped my arms around Ezra and kissed his head.

"Daddy, this baby will be okay? You won't get sad again?" He asked me quietly, his blue eyes looking up at me like he was scared about this as well as wanting to be excited. Zayn reached over and rested his hand over Ezra's hand where it was on my stomach.

"So far Aunt Doniya says this baby is very healthy and nothing is going to happen. Ezra, that's not for you to worry about, okay? The only thing we need to do is take care of Daddy and the baby. We need to help out more around the house and maybe you want to help me cook dinner more often. That's all you need to do. You don't need to worry about anything else." Zayn assured our son. He nodded and leaned down to kiss my stomach before getting up and going to find Ethan. I smiled at my boy then laid back so I was laying in Zayn's lap.

"I have to go to the gym in a few minutes. You want to call Louis to come over? Harry is probably wanting a break." Zayn said. I laughed knowing that things between them were getting harder and harder now that Harry was pretty much fully recovered. He was supposed to be out of the hospital in three days, but he was still there getting the last of his physical therapy done and checking on his brain as he did some more strenuous exercises. Everyone, the doctors included, knew that Harry needed to work out in a way that was close to a boxing workout. He's lived most of his life working out that much so for it to just stop wasn't going to happen. So they had to make sure there wasn't any internal bleeding as he started running on a treadmill and lifting weights. Louis still thought Harry was hurt and incapable of doing anything on his own. That made those two fight like cats and dogs over the smallest of things. I'm sure if Louis came over for a bit Harry would be happy until he started to miss his husband.