Chapter 20

Zayn's POV

I found myself training harder than I ever had two days after Harry and Louis' wedding. I still hadn't told Niall about the rematch because I still had a week before we had to do a public press meeting. Plus, I'd never seen Niall this happy before. He would walk around our house like nothing could bother him. I know for a fact that the alone time we spent at the hotel was what we both needed to remind ourselves the passion we felt for each other. It was like an awakening for us that we needed because things were falling into a place that we were forgetting the deepness of our love. I just didn't want to tell him because I didn't want to mess up anything for us. I just knew I had to tell him soon.

Harry had confirmed he was going to fight Liam Payne just before him and Louis' flight to the Caribbean's was about to board. The news of that hadn't become public yet; Harry made Liam agree to that until he was back from his honeymoon that way paparazzi wouldn't follow them. Harry had text me once they landed that he had a nice Louis sized hand print on his cheek and they had their first fight as a couple on an airplane because of this. However, he text me this morning that Louis decided he needed to support him because he knew this was all he wanted in his career. So it was official; Harry Styles would fight Liam Payne.

"Time! Zayn, you need to move faster on those hits! If you don't he'll have an open hit! Drop and give me fifty!" Mark yelled at me. I did just what he had told me and begin doing my push-ups. Today the boys were spending time with Niall's parents and I was getting my arse kicked by my own, kind of, parent. I groaned when I got to forty because my arms started burning.

"Keep going!" Mark yelled at me. I continued to do my push ups then got up to start doing punches on the punching bag. Mark kept yelling at me to do better than I was. I was starting to doubt if I really was the best in the world by the way I was working today. Something just felt off about me, but I wasn't sure what it was. I just kept putting all I had into the work out until I was able to stop and take a water break.

"What's with you, son? It's like you have extra bricks in your gloves today." Mark asked me as I drank some water and kept moving around. I shrugged and looked around at all the other men and women that were training.

"I guess I'm just worried how Niall will react to this. I want to do this fight, a seventh title defense will look great and it will make me look like I'm not just holding on to the title and not doing anything that makes me deserve it. I just don't want to do the whole fighting with Niall over this until I do it and he realizes that it was a good thing. He even got mad at me for mentioning Harry and Liam should fight. Imagine the reaction when I tell him I'm doing a rematch with the guy Harry just fought and broke his nose." I told Mark. He looked at me like I lost something in my mind and he couldn't believe it. Before, it was like I didn't care, but now I see how happy Niall is and I know it's because I haven't been in the ring in years. He's happy because he has his two boys, his big house and a husband that doesn't have to get beat up to pay for it.

"Zayn, what you're saying isn't you. It's someone else that wants to listen to others when you know you're better off listening to yourself. You have passion for boxing in a way I've never seen. Not only is it second nature to you, but it's something you literally can't live without. Those fights with Niall over fights are because you want him so badly to see this is what makes you the husband and father you are. This is what keeps you sane. I know this is the worst advise I could ever give to a married man, but stop listening to your other half for now. I see how much you've compromised to keep Niall happy and to keep your marriage from crumbling; now it's time for Niall to do the same for you. He's lucky that he has you to take care of him and to make sure your kids have private schools and fun birthday parties. It's time for you to think about yourself for once. You want to do this fight for your career and for yourself. You want to and you should have the chance of getting it." Mark told me and that's all I needed to push me through that mental block I was having. I love Niall and I have a great passion for what we have, but I just need to do this before I do something crazy like start a bar fight for no good reason just so I can hit someone.