Chapter 42

Zayn's POV

After my morning run was finished and I got back to my house, I saw certain people uploading their site cases and questioned if I even wanted to go in. I stood off to the side for a minute just watching Niall's dad getting his bags from the taxi he and Maura must have taken to get here. I knew they would be here, but I didn't really know when. Niall just told me they were coming and I went with that because he's been on edge about everything lately.

Hormones have really gotten to him and how uncomfortable he was. He's been more horny than he was with the boys, but at this point I can't do anything to help him other than just walk out of the room and ignore his plea for me to do many things to him. He's also scared, like always. He's scared if he's really ready to have this baby and of course he's scared of what he has to go through to get it. I'm scared for him, but I know I need to be the strong one here. Plus, I know he's going to do just wonderful. He's an amazing human and I know he can do this. He's also not going to be alone. I'm not going anywhere no matter what.

"Zayn, are you hiding over there?" Maura called other to me as she looked over and saw me. I shook my head and slowly made my way over to the small Irish woman. Rocky decided he was excited so he pulled me over until I let go of his leash so he could run to find Bobby to say hi. I was smothered with hugs and kisses from Niall's mum before I got the rest of her bags out of the car to take inside. It was only seven thirty in the morning, but the boys were up and very excited to see their grandparents.

I found Niall in the kitchen slowly shuffling around the kitchen. I went behind him and pressed my hands into the sides of his belly. He sighed and turned around to show me his tired eyes. I kissed his forehead and grabbed his face gently and looked him in the eyes.

"The baby was kicking me all night. I didn't get any sleep." He told me, looking close to tears. I kissed his lips a few times and looked down at his belly.

"Let your daddy get some sleep, sweetheart." I said. Niall giggled and pressed his hands over mine.

"I'll help your parents get settled in and I'll make breakfast. Your mum will probably take over, but I'll try. Just go get a few hours of sleep. You need to get be rested." I told him. Niall didn't even put up a fight and left to go upstairs slowly. I made sure he got up the stairs okay, Bobby ended up helping him.

I found myself making sure the boys were eating their cereal and feeding the dog too. Maura said they had already eaten before they got here, so she just sat talking to the boys about school. Ezra would blush anytime Ethan mentioned Alex. Over the past months, Alex has been spending more time than usual here which ment Ethan felt the need to automatically be right between his older brother and Alex. Ethan thinks that Alex is his new best friend, while Ezra thinks his brother is in the way of spending time with his crush. It's funny to watch, but Niall doesn't want to get involved with this because it's helping the two older boys to keep their lips and hands to themselves.

"Baba, Peter, Nathan and Alex wanted to go to the skate park today. Can I go?" Ezra asked me. I nodded, but the look in his eyes was to make sure he was only going and not Ethan too. I knew I should have said no and they both should spend time with their grandparents, but I knew that soon all our focus would be on the baby and they might feel a little neglected. I looked at Maura and she jumped right in when I needed her.

"Ethan, how would you like to help me make some of those cupcakes you always like? I want to give a few to your uncles too." She offered. Ethan nodded excitedly and finished eating his breakfast. Ezra got Ethan's bowl and put both their dishes in the sink. They left to go get ready for their day while I slid down in my chair and let out a long breath.

"Are you doing okay, love?" Maura asked me. I nodded and leaned forward to play with my hands on the table. She reached over and pat my forearm.

"You know, it's normal for both parents to be stressed towards the end of the pregnancy. I know with Ezra you were stressed for different reasons, but for Ethan you both had nothing to worry about. I think you both will be ready to take this on." Maura told me. I nodded and got her hand in mine.