Chapter 33

Zayn's POV

The past month I had been pushing my body to work out harder than I did even for my first fight with Liam. I saw my body had changed a little, but what I had felt changed the most was my view on everything. I felt like I had that edge to me that I had when I lived in Bradford before I had Niall in my life. I felt like I was fighting something bigger than the fight I wanted. I wanted to fight Liam for more reasons than even I knew. I wanted to win to prove to everyone that I was good on my own without their support. I guess that's how I felt in Bradford. I was a seventeen year old kid that fought everything from people that wanted to beat me up to starvation. There was more in me than I knew and I let it out by working out and imagining what I was going to do to Liam Payne.

I hadn't really confirmed or denied the fight to the media. I had just sent a statement that I was looking for me next fight and it would definitely be my last. That was the first time I'd said that to the press other than them just assuming it. It wasn't a big deal to the world because everyone was just wanting to know what the fight was. I had personally talked to Liam's manager and said that he was on my list of who I wanted to fight. We kept the conversation quiet from the press. I told him that in a few months I would make a decision and to make sure Liam didn't schedule anything incase I chose him. I was purposely just training so that once the bay was born I could confirm the fight and go for it in a month and show Liam who not to mess with.

I didn't want Niall to stress about this, especially because he miscarried last time. He needs everything to be stress free and he needs me to be on hundred percent by his side for anything that was going to happen during this pregnancy. I felt guilty about keeping this from him, but it was better this way. Everyone knew it was better to keep this from Niall, particularly at this stage in his pregnancy.

Harry was in on helping me get what I wanted now. Even if he thought it was stupid and had some anger towards me for doing it, he hated Liam more because of how long he was in the hospital and how his hands never shop shaking. He can't even hold a pencil anymore. He also had a hard time doing things that normal people can do, like pour milk into cereal or comb his hair. Louis had to do all that for him and that made him frustrated as well as extremely depressed some days. It was hard to see my best friend go through that and only made me angrier. So Harry decided to help me once he gets out of the hospital which can't be soon enough. I hadn't told him not to tell Louis about it so he wouldn't tell Niall, but I figured it's logical not to. The only one that wasn't on board with this was Mark.

He had been pretty much ignoring me for a month. The only time he even acknowledged me we when it involved the boys or Niall. He only wanted to know about them because he said he loved them. I knew he was only saying that because he wanted to rub it in my face that he didn't love me. He lied to me in the past and now is when I'm learning about it. I didn't really need him though. I was doing fine training on my own.

I was drenched in sweat from head to toe and my muscles were burning by the time it was time for me to go home. I took off my gloves and put them in my bag. As I was ripping off the tape I had on my hands, Mark came over to drop some letters next to me on the bench.

"Pay your bills." He said in a cold tone. I picked up one letter and saw it was the bill from the few things I had bought for the gym and it was the remaining balance I owed on the gym. Mark had advised me not to pay for this place upfront and to make small payments incase we were to find an ever better place. I liked this small gym and liked it was kind of hidden from the paparazzi so we stayed here.

"Niall wants you over for dinner tonight. The boys want to see you." I said as I put the letters in my gym bag. I put my wedding ring on and changed my shoes.

"I'll head over in a bit." Mark said, walking away from me. I got my bag and left the gym, making sure to slam the door behind me because I hated that I asked him to do one thing for me and he wouldn't but I ask him to do something for Niall and he's doing it without even being asked twice. I always head him saying that I've never been told no for anything. He obviously doesn't remember that I've been denied more things in my life than he ever had been. I was denied parents. My grandmother was murdered. I went weeks at a time eating stale crackers that I found in the empty pantry. I could have been killed in Bradford more times than I could remember. I didn't get to get an education.  I've lost a child. I've been told no more times than I've been told yes. Right now in my life I feel I'm allowed to get rewarded for a bit because I've never had it easy. I don't know who he is thinking he needs to tell me I need to be told no.