Chapter 12

Niall's POV

It took three days for me to finally get ahold of Louis to talk to him about this whole situation with Harry fighting. Zayn was strictly training Harry from five in the morning to seven at night, but the break from him was nice that way I didn't say or do anything I really didn't mean. I was almost as mad as Louis because Zayn wasn't seeing that this was more than just a fight. This was Harry moving faster in the boxing world than he's actually ready for it. He's a good, skilled boxer, but he's not ready for what Zayn was born to do. Zayn has it in his blood to fight, where Harry has it in his mind that he wants to fight. I'm just angry that Zayn is failing to see this. So, Zayn has been sleeping in one of the guest bedrooms while I've been throwing a little fit in our bedroom.

"Hello?" Louis said through the phone after probably my hundredth time calling him since Sunday. I was sitting at the kitchen table playing around on my laptop looking at different cameras that maybe I could buy to start some type of hobby for myself. I was bitting my nails nervously hoping I would finally hear from my best friend.

"Hey, I was just calling to see how you were doing. You alright?" I asked him nervously. He let out a sigh, so I figured that next I was going to be talking to the same Louis that stormed into my house to begin attacking my husband. If I'm being honest, Louis wouldn't have stood a chance in even hurting Zayn because Zayn is made of iron by now.

"I'm doing better. I just wanted to apologize for everything. Uh, do you think I could go over? I've been a right mess for a while and just need someone to knock some sense into me." Louis said kind of sadly. The sound in his voice was like he needed to have someone tell him what he's getting in to by marrying a boxer.

"Come on over. I have a chocolate cake in the oven." I said to my best friend. He hung up and I immediately stood up to start baking a cake that apparently I had in the oven. I knew that was Louis' always found happiness with chocolate cakes whenever he was feeling sad, so I put together a cake as fast as I could for him. Now was a good time that I was glad that Harry and Louis lived twenty minutes away. Unless Louis was at Mark's house, in that case he's about five minutes away.

I had put the cake in the oven about two minutes before Louis got to my house. He walked in just as I started to make some chocolate frosting. He sat at the tall chair and just watched me quietly. I didn't say anything and neither did he, but that was fine for the moment. Once the frosting was done, I started to make two cups of tea. His was his favorite tea while mine was the decaffeinated tea that Zayn kind of got me hooked on when I was pregnant with Ezra.

"How do you live with Zayn without being angry at him constantly for wanting to fight?" Louis finally asked me. I gave him his tea and sat next to him trying to think of how I actually begin to deal with the way Zayn was. I know he has to deal with how I am as well, but the love we have for each other makes the work on the things that are hard completely worth it.

"There was a time when I was pregnant with Ezra that I saw what staying away from boxing did to Zayn. He wasn't happy and all I wanted was for him to be happy. Fast forward three years to when I was trying to toilet train Ezra while breastfeeding Ethan, that's when I hated that he could leave me alone to go train for eight to ten hours a day just so I could suffer watching him get beaten bloody. It just took my mum telling me that it's Zayn's job to fight just as it would be if he got an office job. That helped a bit, but when he didn't need to fight for money, it became hard to see that he was only fighting because he was born to do it. He can't put those gloves down if he tried, neither can Harry. This is Harry's job right now and look at him fighting pro as a promotion. Until the day both of those men can realize they've had enough, you just have to remind yourself you can't change this. It's like asking them to stop being a man. It's not going to happen." I told Louis. I knew I was being extremely blunt and not sounding that supportive, but it was the truth. I remember calling my mum crying because Zayn had signed up to do another fight two days after bringing Ethan home from the hospital. She told me the same thing I told Louis and it made this lifestyle make sense.