Chapter 43

Beauty's POV

We pulled up to they mama house. They both hopped out the front. Nell opened the door to get Chanise out and RJ came to my side to help me out the car. We all walked to the front door. Nell knocked and she opened. "Hey my babies. Happy Birthday!" She pulled them into a hug and told us to come inside. "Hey Beauty." She gave me a big hug. "Hey." I hugged back. The house was full of people. There were cousins, aunts, and friends. I sat down outside on the back patio watching everybody interact. Chanise was having a good time running around with all the other little kids her age. "You hungry?" I heard someone ask next to me. I look up and it's Araela. "Hey Araela. No I think I should be fine." I smiled and looked back out to the backyard. All the boys were playing football. RJ ran over to me holding his shirt and chain. "Here baby hold this for me so I can whoop Carnell's ass." He sat it in my lap. I laughed and he gave me a kiss and walked back over. I was watching the football game peacefully until I heard yelling inside the house right by the patio door.

"Why you hate me so much! It's not my fault. I didn't ask for your husband to be my dad. If he cheated way back then, why take it out on me!" I heard Araela hysterically crying. "Look. You and yo hoe ass momma ruined my family!" mommy tried to reach for her face. "Oh. So that's your issue? He left you to help take care of me? While you were pregnant right? And another thing don't you ever, ever call my momma out her name. " Araela jumped across another cousin and palmed RJ and Carnell's mom. "Oh My God. RJ! NELL. Come get y'all momma and sister!" They rushed in the house and pulled them apart. "Araela! You hit my mama? What the hell is wrong with you?" RJ yelled getting worked up. He turned around and punched a hole in the wall. "RJ!" I yelled. I was scared to death, I never seen him like that. His veins were popping, his eyes dark, his hands deadly. It scared me enough that I had to pee. I stood up and water started to trickle down. This baby has horrific timing.

"Royce!" I screamed. I looked at Royce, his face softened and his eyes got big. "Don't just stand there. Help me get to the car!" I start walking towards the door. He put on his shirt and chain and picked me up bridal style and carried me out the front door. The contractions kept coming and every time I would squeeze his shoulder. He laid me in the backseat and got in the front. He sped off and in 10 minutes we were at the hospital. I remember them putting me on the cot and pushing me to the back with RJ holding my hand. Everything from there was a blur.

___________________________

We're nearing the end. What y'all think?