Letters After Breakup

Luke: At the sound of paper hitting wood, you walked towards your front door, where todays pile of letters lay. You picked them up in a bundle and sighed as you sifted through them. Bill, bill, bill, letter from Luke, bill. Wait. Your eyes widened as you went back to the cream envelope. It was quite obviously him, the scribbled address giving it away. With shaky hands you opened the letter and read.

Dear (Y/N)

I know you don’t want to talk to me right now, but you’re not answering any of my calls or texts. I just wanted to talk to you, and this is my last hope. I hope you don’t mind. I just want to say I’m sorry. I’m so fucking sorry, and I hate myself for screwing this up. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me but I took you for granted. I don’t blame you for ending it, I would have done the same. I was such a dick to you. I guess stupidly I assumed you’d take it. I just wish I could take these last few weeks back and re do them, but without being so big headed. I was surprised when you ended it, and angry. I was so pissed and that lead to me saying all that shit to you. I didn’t mean any of it, I promise. I know it’s a lot to ask, but please (Y/N), do you think we could just try this again?

Love always, Luke x

Ashton: You sniffled as you walked to the front door. You and Ashton had just broke up 2 days ago, and you we’re still dealing with the emotional stress it left you. Ashton broke up with you over Skype, which you could deal with since he was on tour, he obviously wasn’t going to do it face to face, but he didn’t even give you a reason as to why, and so you’ve spent the last few days scrutinising everything about yourself to find the answer. You opened the door to the post man, and he handed you a bundle. 

"Thanks," You mumbled, biting your lip to hold in the tears. You knew straight away what it was. As Ashton was on tour, he’d made a habit of buying postcards every place they stopped and sending a weeks worth at a time. 

(Y/N) 

we just finished in our show in San Jose and it was amazing! The crowd was so loud :-) Hope schools going ok, love you!

Ashton x

(Y/N), 

We came to Oakland today and it’s so pretty! You’d love it here, I’ll have to bring you sometime. I miss you loads, even the rest of the boys say they miss you! We want you with us :-( 

Ashton x

(Y/N),

VEGAS BABY! Holy crabsticks it’s awesome here. I don’t want to leave :-( Let’s move here so I never have to go… Just kidding, I know you can’t leave school but still. It looks so beautiful at night, I wish you could see it! 

Ashton x

(Y/N)

I’m still in Vegas but I needed to write one last post card. It really sucks without you here, and I just don’t think I can carry on being ok when you’re not with me. It kills me that we’re not together. I just don’t think I’m cut up for this long distance thing, I’m sorry. I love you but I just can’t do this.

Ashton x

Calum: You woke up in the morning and reached out for Calum laying next to you. Your eyes opened when you felt nothing but cold sheets. 

"Shit," Your groggy morning voice came out in a rough whisper as you remembered the events of yesterday. You and Calum had gotten in a huge argument over school and tour, which led to every little detail of your relationship being dragged in. You both spat out some pretty mean stuff, and it was pretty evident at the end that you were over.

You rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and slipped out of bed, trudging downstairs in hope of finding something for breakfast. As soon as you walked into the kitchen, your eyes full on a folded piece of paper on the breakfast table. You reluctantly grabbed it and read.

That was a pretty impressive argument we just had. I’m pretty sure you’re sleeping now, the crashing sounds of you throwing things stopped about 10 minutes ago and it’s pretty quiet up there. I called Luke and he said it was cool for me to move my stuff to his apartment. 

It was bound to happen eventually. I loved you so much it hurts, and no ones ever broken down my barriers like you before. And that almost kinda made me hate you in some way, I hated you for knowing me so well and figuring me out, and letting me be so vulnerable around you. We knew each others flaws almost as well as we knew our own. But we totally used that against each other, we just used each others insecurities to completely tear the other apart. And I sincerely apologise for that. I know how sensitive you are, and I destroyed your trust in me. I hate myself for that. I was such a dick to you, and you were such a bitch to me. I still love you, and I always will. You were my first true love and it sucks having my heart torn out, but maybe this was for the best. We go on tour soon, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, if you need me you know where I am, but I think it’s best if we just spend some time apart.

Calum x

Michael: You were startled by a knock at the door, not expecting any one. You quickly ran over and opened it, but nobody was there. You looked both ways before your eyes moved down. On your porch was a small envelope with your name neatly written on. You knew straight away it was Michael’s writing, too easy to get wrong. You leaned down and picked it up, looking around again for a glimpse of blonde hair. Nothing. You walked back in to your house and tore open the envelope.

(Y/N)

When I told my mum we we’d broken up she went on and on about how much of an idiot I am. She told me I was stupid for letting you go so easy. She told me you were the best thing thats ever happened to me and I shouldn’t have over reacted as much as this. As she was talking, I realised how right she was. How could I have been so dumb? How did I let such an amazing thing walk out of my life the way I let you? I’m not the best at writing letters, and I’m certainly not the best at being romantic (but I guess you already know that). I just want you to know I regret everything. It was the first bump in the road and I freaked out and ran away. I’m just not use to not getting my way; which is really childish and pathetic, I know. I miss you so much. Nothing I do feels right, not without you with me. I was going to do this face to face, but I kept freaking out about it, and this seemed like the next best thing. Anyway, you know if you haven’t moved on or if you wanna start again, please, I need you back

I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy

Love Michael  x