Soulmate

Ashton: The one with the clock that counts down the time until you meet your soulmate

You checked the time on your arm; only three minutes and 24 seconds until you met your soulmate. You nervously tapped your foot, wondering if you were meant to go inside a certain shop. People walked around you as you stood in the middle of the shopping center, glaring at you as if you had killed their dog. Other simply bumped into you and finally you gave up, deciding to get out of the crowd as you approach your favorite music store. “Two more minutes,” you whisper to yourself, taking a deep breath as you slowly walk down the shelves. You’re flicking through the CDs of one of your favorite bands when an arm reaches out to grab one of them. “Sorry,” they mutter. “Were you going to get this?” You look up at them and just then, you feel something in your brain click when you make eye contact. “No, I wasn’t,” you breathe out, unable to take your eyes off of him. He had long, wavy blonde hair and dimples that were made visible by his wide smile. “Hey soulmate,” you smile. “Hey yourself.”

Calum: The one where you get matching marks/symbols/tattoos

“Hey!” you hear someone yell out from behind you. You continue walking, figuring that it wasn’t directed towards you since it was a male voice. But then you feel a hand on your shoulder and you turn around to find a tall, tan boy standing behind you without a shirt on. “Nice tattoo,” he smirks, his Australian accent evident as your eyes land on the tattoo on his collar bone. “Well, well,” you laugh. “If it isn’t Calum Hood.” “The one and only,” he shrugs, spreading his arms out to present himself. “So tell me,” you say as you gesture for him to walk with you. “How does a girl like me end up with a boy like you as her soulmate?” “It’s fate, haven’t you heard?” Calum teases. “It’s been a long time since geometry class. You look different.” “And somehow, you’re still the same,” you joke. “Oh trust me, babe,” he winks. “I’m a lot different now.” “Well I guess I’ll see,” you shrug. “I’ll be spending a lot of time with you since we’re soulmates and all that.”

Luke: The one where reincarnation is also a thing and meeting your soulmate unlocks memories of your past lives

A cup of coffee is placed in front of you, the action startling you out of your thoughts. “Oh, I didn’t order any-” you begin to say, stopping mid-sentence when your eyes connect with bright blue ones. “Victoria?” the server whispers, his hand slowly reaching out to you. “William?” you gasp, a wide smile forming on your lips as you laugh. “You were dying the last time I saw you,” he grins, taking the seat across from you. “So were you!” you exclaim quietly. “You don’t have to keep your voice down, it’s 2 in the morning and we’re in a diner,” the boy teases. “So who are you now?” “I’m (Y/N),” you introduce, the memories of your past lives slowly coming back to you. “And you?” “Luke,” he replies, taking your hand from across the table. “This is pretty different than the castle we lived in, huh?” “I like it though,” you shrug. “Modern times are much more exciting.” “It beats the Black Plague, that’s for sure.”

Michael: The one where you only see color once you meet your soulmate

You laugh at  something your friend said, dancing to the music with them as the DJ begins another song. “I think that guy’s checking you out,” one of them informs you loudly, pointing somewhere to your left. You look up and suddenly you see something; something that wasn’t there before. Suddenly, the club slowly started to change and you could see that the walls were not the same as the ceiling. No, they were- different. “Something’s happening,” you whisper to yourself, making eye contact with the stranger one again. You quickly approach him, telling your friends that you would be right back, as you make your way through the dancing crowd. “Are you seeing what I’m seeing?” you ask him. “Yeah,” he nods. “I think… I think it’s color.” “If what we’re seeing is color,” you piece together. “Then that means we’re soulmates.” “Good thing we met on a day I actually look decent,” he jokes.