Prologue

Zayn's POV

Life is a funny thing. Everything happens for a reason no matter who you are or what you believe in. I never understood my purpose in life when I lived back in Bradford. I never understood why things that happened to me, happened. Fast forward ten years and everything now makes sense. I understand why I met my loving husband Niall. It was so I could open my eyes wide enough to actually have a future. Mark, my trainer and man that's closest to being a father, is in my life so I could learn that families are patched together with love and not only DNA. My best friend, Harry Styles, is there to act like an annoying brother I never wanted but wouldn't trade for the world. His now fiancé, Louis Tomlinson, was placed in my life to fix up the damage that I call a face after a good match. My sister, Doniya, is there to show me that even if I'm always trying to make a path with my fists, there is also a path I can make with my mind. I strongly believe everything happens for a positive outcome. Even the things that made my younger self promise to never have children made me a better man. It now makes sense why I was abandoned by my parents. It so that I could be the best parent to my two boys.

Ezra James Malik was born the same exact day I had won the biggest fight of my entire life that was against Liam Payne. That was one of the best days ever. I won more money that Niall or I could ever need and we welcomed our first baby boy to the world. He's now nine years old and becoming more like me every day. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. However, his blue eyes and loud laugh will always remind me that he has a lot of Niall in him and that's all I could want. Ethan Javadd Malik was born a week before Christmas a few months after Ezra's first birthday. He's pretty much a replica of me, but we have no idea where his personality comes from. He has an endless amount of energy and is never at a loss for words. Niall tries to tell me that he was like that at Ethan's age, but seeing the sweet man Niall is, I don't think that loud of a personality ever belonged to him. The eight year old proved to Niall and I that the second child is the hardest and that no more children were needed.

As the years went on, nothing changed for me or Niall. We both enjoy loving on each other and flirting any chance we can get. He gets worried when I want to do a boxing match just so I can take off the edge of needing it. I still try my hardest to impress him and make him happy because he deserves it. Words don't express how much I love him. He's my world and he still makes me feel the same way he did when we first met. I think seeing him carry our two boys made me love him that much more.

We're not alone in the love train. My best friend, Harry Styles, proposed to his long term boyfriend, Louis Tomlinson, after two years of dating. They're both perfect for each other in more that one way. One way that Niall and I enjoy joking about is the fact they both keep postponing the actual wedding because of different conflicts. Harry's conflicts are usually bruises from a fight or just not wanting to go out and get fitted for a tuxedo. Louis' conflicts are the ones my big sister Doniya likes. Louis went to school to get his degree in sports medicine. He's usually fixing Harry and I up during and after fights, so he figured he may as well get a degree that he can call his own. Those two are ambitious and so in love that they know they can wait to actually get married because they know the other isn't going anywhere.

Taking a step back and looking at the past always makes me smile. I'm glad that everything happened the way it did. I wouldn't change anything for the world. But when I look at the future, that's when I feel my old self come back. There's a whisper in my ear that's a single word that makes my heart beat and my hands to crave that familiar sting. Fight...

A/N: it's finally here!!! I'm so excited and hope you all are excited too!!!!! How many of you read the first book The Fighter?!??! If you haven't, read that first and third will make more sense!!!!! Comment/Vote!
-Bri ;)