Chapter 3

Marcel's P.O.V

I was in class, but is not like I was paying attention. I have those questions in my head, why was Niall crying? What got him so upset? When I saw him crying, it broke my heart, it was like looking at a little kid cry. I know I shouldn't feel like this, but I can't help it. He looked so vulnerable, so helpless. I just wanted to hug him. Why am I saying this?! I don't like Niall like that, or do I? Ahh, this can't be happening. I think I forgot to mention I'm gay, yeah, I found out in 8th grade.

Flashback

"Marcel, are you coming?" asked my best Friend Bob. "Marcel man, come on" he came closer to my face and he was looking at me.

I don't know what got into me but, I got closer to him and kissed him.

"What the heck Marcel, what's wrong with you?!" he asked after he separated from me abruptly. He looked really mad.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me. I'm so sorry, Bob" I told him. After I told him that he just said "goodbye, Marcel". After that day I didn't see Bob again, and that was the day I found out I was gay.

END OF FLASHBACK

PRESENT DAY

I was thinking when the bell rung, thank God. I was walking to my next class when I hear the voice of the devil calling me.

"Where do you think you're going loser?" asked Louis.

"Not again, please" I whispered, turning around.

"What was that, Mars?" asked Liam.

"I-umm, nothing" I said.

"That's what I thought" said Liam with an evil smile.

I was really scared. I looked at Niall and he had a smile on his face, but you could tell it was fake. Why would they do this to me? That's what I always asked myself.

"I got to go to the ba-bathroom" said Niall.

He was acting weird, and I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

"Niall, what's wrong with you?" asked Louis.

"Umm, nothing. I just umm, got to go to the bathroom" he said with a fake smile.

"Okay, but hurry up" said Louis.

"Umhum" Niall murmured. "What got into him?" asked Liam to Louis after Niall left.

"I don't know, but I'll find out" Louis answered.

Nialls P.O.V

I couldn't stand it anymore. When I saw his scared face, my chest felt heavy. I know tears were going to come out, I just excused myself and went to the bathroom. When I was in the bathroom, I locked myself in one of the stalls. When I felt safe there I let the tears that wanted to come out running down my cheeks. I felt depressed, I can't keep doing this to Marcel but there's nothing I can do about it.

"Yes, there is" said my inside voice.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Confront your supposed friends" said my inside voice. Wow, I'm going crazy. I'm having a conversation with my inside voice AKA myself, but I can't confront Louis and Liam, they would beat me up. When the tears stopped I went outside of the stall and looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes were red and swollen. I couldn't go to Liam and Louis like this so I just voted to go home.

Marcel's P.O.V

3 hours later

I was walking home, My mom couldn't pick me up because she has the night shift at work. I don't care because I really like walking, I feel free. After 20 minutes I got home safe.