Year 6: chapter one

QOTC♡: how was your day today?

AOTC♡: mine was alright i suppose, a bit stressed about finals but other than that it was quite well (:

~

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."

-Helen Keller

~

Harry Potter sat in his room his face resting on his window and a trunk lay open next to him, unpacked completely. his summer had been one of nightmares of his late god father and worrying about his friends. he had written him millions of times and the only one to always respond was Hermione, Ron would answer every once in a while and Joslyn hadn't written him back all summer. earlier in the week he had received an owl from his headmaster Dumbledore saying that he would come to pick him up from the Durseley's home at 11:00 at night this exact day. it all seemed to good to be true, yet he had the now crumbled letter that had been disheveled from re reading it too many times and he fell asleep, leaning against the glass, his glasses askew waiting for the wise old man he had grown to consider family. on his bed was a paper that read The Daily Prophet on it, death tolls rose and people were going missing by the minute, the death eaters had raided Diagon Alley and lit almost the entire place in the town, they had gone public with voldemorts return, everybody was in a frenzy, the ministry sent out protective procedures and you could find the info of the auror office on every street in wizard territory. Luscious, dracos father had been sentenced to Azkaban for being a death eater, it was the start to a war. harry had never been so anxious in his entire life

suddenly all of the lights on the street went out and Harry jumped up wide awake as if an alarm went off. fixing his glasses he wiped the drool from his chin and used his arm to get rid of the fog on the window and saw a figure, a medium height one with long robes and half moon spectacles that sparkled in the moonlight. he had never moved so fast as he tripped over his telescope and stumbled down the stairs trying to get to the door before vernon or dudley could, his jumper had just gotten over his head lying on his chest in a heap of wrinkles and ran his hand through his hair when he saw that his wretched muggle uncle had already answered the door there stood his headmaster. harry was in awe, he felt doubtful that he would come and get him.

"Dumbledore" he acknowledged straightening his circular glasses and the wise man looked to harry "ahh hello, nice to see you" he said before looking back to vernon who stood frozen in place seemingly terrified. "well lets assume that you s kindly invited me into your home to take a seat, we have matters to discuss" he briskly pushed past the big man in striped pajamas who was shaking in his boots. petunia was cowering in the kitchen and dudley was clutching to her arm in fear.

Harry took a seat on the arm chair and dumbledore sat on the couch. "sir what happened to your hand?" he asked and the headmaster simply brushed it off "quite a thrilling tale if i do so myself, however to tell it now would not do it justice, that is actually not what i came here for" he paused then looked to my relatives who now all stood together with a swish of his wand the couch skidded forward hitting the back of their knees making them sit down, "since you guys did not offer your guest a drink i shall get my own" with another flick of his wand tray floated out with tea and cups floated to each and everyone of them, harry had taken it eagerly and dumbledore turned towards harry. "we have very important matters to discuss, we have found sirius will and found that he left miss joslyn the house and split all of his money between the two of you-"

vernon cut him off "his godfather is dead?" he yelped and harry stiffened feeling the familiar feeling rush into his stomach and he felt like going back up to his room and sleeping for the rest of his life. "yes, something you would know if you communicated with your nephew" dumbledore glared at the family. the glasses were now bunking against their heads, petunia tried to swash them away and Harrys cousin hid behind a pillow.