The Surgeon: A message from Tanya

Hello dear readers, it's Tanya here.

For those of you reading the third installment of our story, The Lady, the next update will be with you real soon. Kade and I are in the midst of some serious detective work, trying to decipher who The lady actually is and where she resides. When we're closer to cracking that conundrum, Kade will be right back to you with another post.

But right now, I wanted to take some time out to share something with you. I want to give you a little insight into how I write, and in doing so, introduce you to an exciting collaboration.

Much of The Surgeon, The Twins and The Lady, was/is written in real time, hastily scrawled soon after the events (often during them) and then edited and crafted when time allows. I think this method gives our story the sense of urgency and fast pace, which is exactly how we live it and how we want it to come across on the page.

But sometimes, I leave things out; in the way we all leave certain things out in our own life stories. That's not to say I'm hiding things – no, I tell you guys everything you need to know, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I simply ignore and omit the things that I think you don't need to know, or I don't believe are relevant to our story.

For example, some time ago, I was captured in London by The Surgeon's team and ended up back in Chicago, locked up in a tiny cell. (Those of you reading The Lady will know about this; I'll briefly recap for those who aren't).

To cut to the chase, I managed to escape and ended up back where Kade, Kelly, Troy and I lived during book 1: The Surgeon. Her teams have now turned this space into a huge theme park called 'Land of Love.' Of course, the park is just a cover for all kinds of un-ethical scientific experimentation that goes on underneath it. The screams of the excited roller coaster riders mask the horrified screams of the poor souls unfortunate enough to end up below the park. Shudders.

Anyways, I knew I had to get out of Land of Love, fast. But I wanted to take a moment to look around at what the place wherein Kade and I found love, had become.

But, while I was there I had an encounter. Whilst wondering around, aw-struck by the magnificence of the theme park that was once my home, I saw someone.

Someone who I now know to be a person from another Wattpad world. A character almost as dark and twisted as The Surgeon herself.

Someone who was at Land of Love for a reason that didn't include rollercoaster rides.

At the time, I didn't know who this someone was, and thus didn't feel the need to include this person in my story.

But now, I've decided to share this encounter, outside of my own narratives, by way of a 'mash-up.'

You can read more of my encounter with another wattpad character over at The Block Party winter addition on the link below. Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section.

Kade and I will be back with you, real soon.

https://www.wattpad.com/215081512-wattpad-block-party-winter-edition-ii-welcome-from