Update from Tanya

Hello everyone, It's Tanya here.

It's been a while but it feels so good to be talking to you all again.

I hope you are all doing real good?

Kade and I are doing great.

NO – scrap that; I can't lie to you, I simply can't.

I owe it to you all to tell you the truth of our situation.

Don't get me wrong, we are still very much in love, more so than ever – and therein lies our problem.

I will be losing Kade, soon.

......

You all know I'm Transgender, right.

Well, after much discussion and heartfelt talk between Kade and I, he's decided that he is Trans.

Or to be precise, he wants to become Trans, for me – and you.

WAIT! Kade's calling me; I'll transcribe our call here and be right back to explain further.

"Hi Kade, why you calling so early, is all okay?"

"Sure, I'm waiting for a client to get back to me with comments on my latest App Design and decided I wanted to hear your voice; are you still mad with me?"

"No, I'm not mad I'm sad."

"I'm sad too, Tan."

"Then don't do it Kade."

"I have too – Tan – don't cry – it hurts to hear you cry – I'm coming right home to give you a hug.

"NO! It's okay, I'm okay, I just need time to get used to not having you around, that's all."

"We've spoke about this Tan, I'll always be around – forever."

"I know, but I'll so miss your touch, your sound, your smell..."

"Stop Tan, our love goes beyond the senses, it's so much deeper than the physical."

"Come home Kade, I need you to hold me tight while you still can."

"I'm on my way!"

......

Sorry readers, I didn't deal with that call well, because I'm not dealing with our situation.

I can't deal with it.

But I have to – Kade has booked a date and time for his transition.

......

I found my own enforced gender transition easier to deal with because it eventually gave me a new lease for life; it also lead me to the love of my life, Kade.

Kade's voluntary transition will take that lease away; I'll have to find a new way of living with a transformed Kade.

And you know something dear readers; it's all her freaking fault. Or rather I should say 'theirs' as there are now Three Surgeons.

My emotions are roller-coasting from the depths of despair and sadness at losing Kade, to raging eruptions directed at The Surgeon's three clones.

I don't want to talk about them; they don't deserve my headspace.

But they are taking up all of Kade's headspace, quite literally.

I'm so sorry for being evasive folks; it's just that I'm finding it really difficult to tell you what Kade intends to do.

It's easier for me to tell you why he wants to become Trans. He says he needs to do it so he can forever protect me, you, and future generations from the malevolent intentions of The Three Surgeons.

Even though they are held captive deep within our facility; such is their supreme intelligence that Kade believes they will find ways to circumnavigate their captivity to further their plan.

Put simply, they want to create a new world order with them as rulers. A world with margins on which they will banish all who dissent from their worldview. This will include all people who identify as: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender, plus many others who veer away from their thinking.

If you've read this far, you're probably wondering why Kade wants to become a person whom The Three Surgeons want to malign, that is Trans people?

And now, I guess I have to bite the bullet and tell you why Kade intends to become Trans.

......

*Deep Breath* – here goes.

So, as you know, I'm Transgender, that is my gender was changed from male to female.

You know how I finally found: self-acceptance, love and happiness as a Transgender woman whilst living through the most extreme circumstances.

Well, Kade is happy in his born gender: male.

But – he intends to transition into a Transhuman.

For all of you who've read our story, you'll know how The Surgeon created the first Transhuman with Kade's mother, by isolating her brain. Mom's brainpower was instrumental in our fight and eventual defeat of The Surgeon.

The Transhuman technology is now considerably advanced and Kade wishes to follow his Mother and have his body recycled, his brain isolated and kept alive; whilst all his brain activity is delivered to the cloud wherein it can be downloaded at any time.

This effectively means Kade will become data; he'll be digital, his thoughts and activity downloadable via a secure app on our cells and devices.

It means his thought process; his thinking and ideas will be around forever. And given his extensive knowledge of The Three Surgeons he believes this has to happen for the good of humankind.

Kade has actually designed the Transhuman App himself.

......

So dear readers there you have it.

I hope you understand how deep my despair is.

But, I guess when you love someone as deeply as I do Kade; you have to let a part of them go.

I try to focus on the fact that I will never lose his mind.

But the fact is I'm losing his body, for the rest of my life – and that's a hard pill to swallow.

When I cry, Kade says, "Tan, I'm not leaving you for someone else, we're not breaking up; we're just taking our relationship into another realm." When he comes home he'll hold me and say the same thing until my tears dry up.

......

As always, talking to you, telling you the reality of my life has been cathartic.

I feel like I've gotten a great weight of my chest by sharing my hurt with you.

But I now have another dilemma: in telling you, I've betrayed Kade's trust.

He swore me to secrecy about his transition.

Even Kelly and Troy don't know.

Kade intends to tell them himself, next week.

......

"Hey Tan, where are you?"

Kade's home.

I have to tell him I've told you of his Transition.

His reaction may be bad, it certainly won't be good.

But I promise to keep you all informed of his reaction, in the new instalment of our life's journey – TRANSHUMAN.