A message from Kelly

Good day.

Or good whatever time of day/night you happen to be reading this in.

Here in London, it's approaching the end of a very long and upsetting day. And oh, by the way, it's Kelly here, Kade's sister.

Sorry if I over babble, but I tend to get verbal diarrhea when I'm stressed. And writing isn't a strong point, so I'm slightly out of my depth here.

But I'm trying my best. Give me an automobile engine, or a computer to fix and I'm in my element. Not so, now.

Excuse me while I holler, "Troy, can you go see to baby Belinda, she's screaming, and little Kelvin's got his head phones on, stuck in Mortal Kombat." I'm not good at multi-tasking either. No, I got to focus on one task at a time. And right now I've been tasked with telling you guys where we're at right now.

Troy rushes past me, on his baby-soothing mission, "I shall, sweetheart. And break the news to our readers gently; don't be blunt and abrasive, like the way Tony told us. That was like a hammer blow to the head."

This is weird, but when I see the word 'sweetheart' written down it looks real icky. But when Troy says it, with his clipped English accent, it sounds just right; it makes me smile, every time.

Although, my sweetheart Troy, has just put me on the spot. Tony doesn't deal in emotions, he deals in facts, and most often those are cold and hard, and that's just how Tony gives them.

Dear readers, I suppose at this point I should ask you to sit down. Perhaps do the English thing and fix yourself a cup of hot, sweet tea; it's their beverage of choice to soften the blow of bad news.

Kelvin just stormed past, in his angry kiddy/father mode, "Of course I'm sad, but Kade did the wrong thing and despite my grief, I'm furious with him. I raised him to be better than that!"

I take his shoulders and steer him back to Mortal Kombat, "Dad, I'm in the middle of breaking the news to Kade and Tanya's readers. Now is not the time for your angry dad routine." It's easy to forget that this six-year-old child is actually my father.

But sometimes he can be quite remarkable. Like the comfort he gave me this morning; he was so mature and paternal that for a moment he was my father again, rather than a snotty nosed, game obsessed child.

I guess I'm still a daddy's girl, but that's a little super surreal when your dad is six.

Oh, holy-tomato my dear readers, I'm digressing. Or rather the truth is, I'm procrastinating.

No, the real truth is, I guess I'm grieving.

Here goes. Tanya didn't return from her first day at work. Tony hacked into the company system and bluntly told us the truth.

I'll try to be softer, but I'm not sure I have the words. Sadly, I certainly don't have Tanya's way with words. And the greatest tragedy is, we will no longer have the privilege of reading those words again.

Dear readers, Tanya has passed away.

Yes, I know those of you reading 'The Lady' already know of this tragedy;  Kade has shared her suicide letter with you. I've just been asked to confirm the fact, here.

I know, it's a blow. A gut wrench we will never fully recover from. Her passing has left a hole that can never be filled.

Unfortunately, I have more bad news to convey.

Kade failed to return from work, also. Troy and I didn't discover any of this until very late in the evening, when we returned from the cinema. Both Troy and I had missed calls from him, but when we tried calling, his cell was constantly in air-flight mode and we couldn't connect.

Tony started having a mega tantrum, as he couldn't find any answers for us on any of his digital algorithms. He had to be sedated. Mom's brain is on a two-day power down, so Troy and I were on our own.

We went to his office, but were told he'd left to go pick up Tanya, shortly before 5.30. When we arrived at Tanya's office, it was all sealed off, with police tape and flashing ambulances. Little did we know that only moments earlier, Tanya had thrown her self down the elevator shaft with a noose around her neck.

Sorry, I just did exactly what Troy told me not to do. That was a little blunt. But it's what happened.

There was little we could do. Troy suggested checking out the pubs around his office, but I figured pubs were not Kade's thing, and I told Troy that would be a waste of time.

Of course, I wish I'd listened to my guy. Knowing what we now know, we could have been there for him. Turns out he was in the bar that's down the street from his office. Drinking beer.

My big brother drinking beer! Alone and grieving. While I was laughing along to a bunch a little yellow creatures at the cinema, Minions.

That thought upsets me so, so much. Kade has always been there for me. And in his hour of need, I wasn't.

Kade's so many things to me, my: hero, friend, savior, and above all, my rock. I was only twelve when my parents were taken from me; and boy did Kade step up to the plate. He became my brother/mother/father and best friend, and he was still only a kid himself.

And I can't hold back right now; I'm so pissed with Tanya for doing what she did and creating this totally avoidable upset.

Curse alert! I'm so fupping angry!

"Sweetheart, calm down. Come to bed." Troy hates it when I curse, but sometimes I can't help myself. I won't hide my emotions, that would make me like one of those feeble folk that allow themselves be brainwashed and before they know it, they're followers of some psycho like The Surgeon; aiding and abetting his/her warped world domination plans.

"No, Troy. I've not finished this yet. Bed can wait." I dive on the floor and do twelve clapping push-ups. Exerting energy is how I deal with negative energy.

The blood racing round my body takes the edge off anger. Try it, it works; it does for me, anyways.

But I can't judge him; I know Kade wasn't thinking straight when he jumped off that bridge. He just wanted to feel closer to Tanya.

"I needed to fly high, to feel Tanya's soul through the sky," Kade explained to us all through tear-swollen eyes.

And while I fully understand his actions, I can also see why the others are angry with him.

Our mother's fly-pack technology is top secret. We've been briefed to only use them in the event of an extreme emergency.

Kade was trying to escape from his grief. Our team doesn't see that as an emergency.

Kade is in trouble.

We all might be in trouble.

It's bad news.

Because, the sight of a young guy, flying up and over the River Thames is an extraordinary sight, and the worry is people might have videoed it and it could end up posted all over Social Media Platforms. And that may bring unwanted attention our way.

I guess we'll just have to deal with that, if and when it happens.

Right now, my beautiful, bruised brother, Kade, is sleeping. And when he wakes, I'll be there for him, with lots of love and healing hugs.

Our story will continue, and in it we will keep Tanya's memory burning bright, we owe it to her.

For now, dear readers, I bid you good day, good night, but never goodbye.

Kelly XXX