Mom: The back story. 1

Hello Everybody.

It's kade and Kelly's mom here, again.

For those of you reading 'The Lady' you'll be aware that Kade and Tanya are currently in the midst of an emergency situation.

We have reason to believe that while they were both recently incapacitated, The Lady's team may have implanted various devices inside them. One of which we know is a pain inducing connection from the Kade Doll, to Kade himself. It would appear that this connection mimics the symptoms of acute medical conditions, such as a heart attack, and other similar events.

Kelly has safely put away the Doll, and currently, herself and Troy are on the way to help Tanya ensure Kade does not end up in that ambulance. That would be too catastrophic to contemplate.

So, I'd like to use this short period of quiet, to open up to you, dear readers. Call it a confessional if you like.

For, I do have something to confess.

But before I do that, I'd like to take you back.

Back to our Halcyon days, happy days, when we were the family that had it all.

My husband and I, Kelvin, married young. By the age of thirty, we both had successful careers: Kelvin as a Surgeon, myself as a Design Engineer.

I was particularly proud of myself, as I had qualified while bringing up my small children, Kade and Kelly. My work colleagues referred to as me Super Mom. But the only thing I was super about was: life, love and family, I thrived on all three.

Kelvin worked as an Orthopedic Surgeon in an Illinois Hospital. And it was here, on one fateful day, he met Belinda Lebowski - The Surgeon.

I'm concerned about confessing to you, but I must.

I vividly recall the moment I met her, and how much she impressed me.

Put simply, she was a brilliant woman: intelligent, stunningly attractive, and with an innate ability to charm and engage everyone she met.

She immediately captivated me. In a short time, I became completely awestruck and enamored by her.

Shortly thereafter, Kelvin and I met The Surgeon's husband, Logan Lebowski. He was a flamboyant fashion designer. Together they made a striking couple, and it wasn't long before they acquired an almost celebrity status amongst the Chicagoan Societal Elite.

The Surgeon and I became close friends and confidantes very quickly. She was interested in my work as a Design Engineer and took an enthusiastic interest in all my projects. She even became my soundboard for all the crazy ideas I had crowding my head.

My dream was to build a theme park, designing all the amazing rides and attractions myself. She even came with me to do a recce on various sites and areas of waste ground wherein I felt I might be able to fulfill my dream.

Soon, Belinda (it seems so strange referring to The Surgeon by her name, it makes her sound almost human,) her husband, Logan, and Kelvin and I started socializing with them quite a lot.

We went to dinner, the cinema, and baseball games. Some weekends, Kelvin and I would hire a baby sitter and we'd spend balmy evening's having beer laden picnics by Lake Michigan.

It was on one of these warm summer evenings, while we were all buzzing from beer and sunshine that The Surgeon looked at me and said, "I'd really like to meet your children, Kade and Kelly."