A brief message from Tanya

Hello.

It's Tanya here.

Or should I say – it's The Lady here?

Note my question mark.

That's because when Kade surprised me in the British Museum, on Valentine's Day, and told me of his belief that I was The Lady, I questioned him.

Actually, truth is, I was hurt by his suggestion.

My perception of The Lady, was probably the same as yours. That she was a malevolent woman, motivated by hate, hungry for power, and determined to have society: think, act and live like her – or suffer the consequences.

When I thought of The Lady, I thought of The Surgeon, they were literally cut from the same cloth.

So, Kade, saying I was The Lady was like a cold hard slap in the face from the guy I love.

UNTIL – he explained his thinking, and how he reached his conclusion.

And now, I know that I am, The Lady.

......

But I will explain everything in the next update of 'The Lady' which will resume next week, and will have regular updates there after.

......

Today, I have been reflecting on my life story as is told in The Surgeon and The Twins and would like to share some insights with you, before the third part of my story resumes.

I know some think my story isn't real, that the adversity's I've faced and overcome are so far fetched that they have to be fiction.

But the fact is, the very essence of my story is an adversity that everyone of you may have faced, or most certainly will during your life. Because what my story is about is surviving betrayal. Ultimately my story is about the importance of: TRUST.

My trust was betrayed at a very early age by the very people who are supposed to nurture it, my parents (as I was led to believe they were.)

What my story, my experience highlights is that, despite whatever betrayal you may have to face, never give up on finding lasting love and trust.

Love and Trust found me the day Kade approached me on that Chicago Street. If ever you find yourself feeling down, because you've been let down by someone, I hope you feel a little heartened by my story – you will find that someone special, in whom you can trust, eventually.

......

I know, in finding Kade, I'm a very lucky young woman.

Young woman?

Note my question mark.

It's not because I'm questioning whether I'm a young woman. No, I know I'm a woman.

But, as a trans girl, I accept that there are people who will always question my identity, and I guess they're allowed to.

As a trans woman, again, luck is on my side, because I pass as a girl and so it isn't an issue in my daily life. But there are people on The Surgeon's side who use my trans status against me in a brutal and hateful way, and I won't allow them do that.

Even though I pass as a woman, I will never hide the fact that I'm transgender. In fact in the upcoming updates of The Lady, I will open up more about my experience. Because as you all know, my transition was enforced, and therefore far removed from the majority of trans experience. But being open about my experience is crucial to your understanding of why we all know without any doubt, that I am 'The Lady.'

As you know, our story is far from over. Kade, Kelly, Troy, Tony, Drew, Little kelvin, Baby Belinda and Mum's Brain, as well as London's population, have a significant adversity to overcome before we can even contemplate a happy ever after.

......

Looking at the new cover for The Surgeon makes me feel nostalgic. My cousin Charlotte took that picture of me while we walked in the woods, the week before she betrayed me.

I've come such a long way since then. But we still have a long way to go, and I hope you will join me on facing the upcoming hurdles that we will face in the third instalment of my story: The Lady.

I will sign of now, but will be back with Kade next week.

Thanks you for your patience and understanding.

All my love, Tanya XXX

(Or should that be 'The Lady' who has what it takes to defeat The Surgeon's on-going strategy, and quash her legacy, for good?)