The Twins: The Epilogue

"Rain on your wedding day, it's actually considered good luck in some cultures," says Kelly, as she struggles to pull on her rain boot over her bandaged right foot. (The hybrid that caused her damage is safely disabled and will be stripped apart and analyzed by Tony.)

I laugh at her understatement, "Kelly, this is rain on steroids, it's torrential out there," I say, glancing out the window and looking up at the storm lashed hill.

Kelly pulls the draw string on the hood of her rain jacket, tight, "I know, I'm just trying to make you feel better," she smiles, reassuringly.

"I couldn't feel any better than the way I feel right now," I say, pulling up my hood.

Yes folks, I'm getting married in a floor length, bright yellow plastic raincoat. Because it's blowing a storm here in my homeland of the Faroe Islands.

But I don't care about the weather; in fact I think it adds a dash of wild romanticism to the occasion. And my bright plastic raincoat, I see it as a stunning gown, perfectly befitting the conditions in which I'm about to get married.

......

My pre-wedding nerves are suddenly invaded by angry words, "It's an absolute disgrace that I am being excluded from my son's wedding, especially as my wife cannot attend while her brain is being installed in the Hospital complex. I should be there to represent her," stomps little Kelvin.

I stoop to his level, "You have to stay here, it's too dangerous to bring baby Belinda up a mountain in this weather. You need to take care of her." I stand up and tie my hood, "Besides, you're going to take part in our celebrations afterwards," I say, in an effort to appease him.

It doesn't work.

Kelly tries, "Hey Kelvin, you have to stay here and protect us all while Tony is with us on the mountain. You know, Like he showed you, to monitor your computer for any signs of suspicious gaming activity." I see his eyes light up and his manner changes from a kiddy strop to more adult, "Oh, yes. I have to check his intercepted communications, to ensure no violent games are being played in real time," he says, with a grown up confidence.

Kelly smiles, "That's right Kelvin, you're not just protecting us and baby Belinda, but the world – that's a huge responsibility!" She exclaims, patting his shoulder.

It works. Thankfully, it's all a game to little Kelvin.

......

Kelly looks at me and laughs, "I'm sorry, Tanya. We look like we're going deep sea fishing rather than your wedding."

I catch sight of us both in the mirror and laugh, "No, we look like we're going to a costume party dressed as Minions," I say.

But I don't care what I look like, I feel awesome and that's all that matters. Let's go," I say, heading for the door.

......

Like a torrent of tiny pinpricks the rain lashes our faces: sharp, cold and stinging. But I can tolerate it, especially when I see the three yellow clad figures waiting for us at the peak of this storm-ravaged hill.

Kelly and I cling to each other, lower our heads, lean into the wind and charge upwards.

The naturally orchestrated sound of: wind, rain and raging ocean, combine to create the most beautifully anthemic symphony that serenades me toward my waiting groom and his groomsman, Tony and our registrar, Troy.

As we near the peak, I glance up, and through a sheet of rain, I catch sight of Kade's smile and a shot of happy bursts my heart – this is quite literally going to be A Perfect Storm.